To anyone planning on ff, or who ends up doing it

If you look online there are stories about babies having stomach bugs and due to this machine. If you want to use it thats fine, I just personally would rather not risk it. each to their own.

I think, most of the time, human errors are more problematic than a machine. I think there's at least as much risks doing our bottles ourselves at 3am.
Of course we might find bad reviews on a product, but I'm pretty sure a fair amount of babies have been made sick with badly prepared hand made bottles as well, you just don't complain about that on Amazon afterwards ;)

If you look online there are stories about babies having stomach bugs and due to this machine. If you want to use it thats fine, I just personally would rather not risk it. each to their own.

Completely.. Each to their own. It's what's right for the parent. And I swear by the thing lol.

I don't think you can go wrong really if your taught how to make a bottle properly, but some people don't that's just what i've heard/read. if your happy to use it then that's fine. just not something I'm happy to use :)

I don't think you can go wrong really if your taught how to make a bottle properly, but some people don't that's just what i've heard/read. if your happy to use it then that's fine. just not something I'm happy to use :)

Well I had never bottle fed before always breastfed. But last time round I had too & I tried the flask thing. It even said on the packaging of the flask only to be used as a travel set for warming the bottle not for preparing the feed. But someone told me it worked just fine for them. So I gave it ago. And all she did was vomit for about 24hrs. They told me she had caught a bug from her feed not being made properly. I felt awful that I had made her sick. But I didn't have a choice my asthma was bad and the meds they gave me would go through my milk. So I had to give bottle a try. So I sent hubby out for the prep machine. Worked a dream. I fully intend on using it again.
But that doesn't make a better parent just w different one 😃

Well I had never bottle fed before always breastfed. But last time round I had too & I tried the flask thing. It even said on the packaging of the flask only to be used as a travel set for warming the bottle not for preparing the feed. But someone told me it worked just fine for them. So I gave it ago. And all she did was vomit for about 24hrs. They told me she had caught a bug from her feed not being made properly. I felt awful that I had made her sick. But I didn't have a choice my asthma was bad and the meds they gave me would go through my milk. So I had to give bottle a try. So I sent hubby out for the prep machine. Worked a dream. I fully intend on using it again.

we never had a problem with the flask boiled the kettle and poured it straight in to flask and it was boiling hot for hours, maybe it was the flask you had, i never had that problem. i just bought a normal asda one.

I think some of you ladies are taking it a bit too personally, i was just saying what i heard and how i'm choosing not to use one. if others are happy to use one that is fine, not judging.

we never had a problem with the flask boiled the kettle and poured it straight in to flask and it was boiling hot for hours, maybe it was the flask you had, i never had that problem. i just bought a normal asda one.

I think some of you ladies are taking it a bit too personally, i was just saying what i heard and how i'm choosing not to use one. if others are happy to use one that is fine, not judging.

We are taking it personally as you are suggesting that you don't use one because 1. you know better than us, clearly you don't as you have misunderstood how the thing works..

And 2. Because you are more concerned for your child, than we are for ours...

There was really no need for you to come onto the thread, except to say you know better.... People who don't want to use one, wont, people who are interested in using one, they are bloody brilliant.... simple as really!

I never said I was offended by what you're saying. Clearly you read it wrong. Each parent is different. And they wouldn't be allowed to sell something that was so dangerous for newborns under and name that is so huge like tommee tippee. The machine is quite expensive too. I think of you go looking on the internet for things your always going to find someone bad mouthing something. They would have had to take it off the shelves if it was harmful to babies. You asked me where I got my information from. I only quoted exactly where. From the health professionals that told me a bottle should be made fresh every time with boiling water. And I also told I tried the whole flask things and it made my daughter poorly. So I think if people are worried they won't like the answers then shouldn't ask the questions.
But like I say as a mother of 3 soon to be 4 which one has made it all the way to being nearly 14. I feel I have enough experience in the field to know somewhat I am talking about.
Each to their own. I never said it made you nor I a bad parent just a completely different one 👍

I never said I was offended by what you're saying. Clearly you read it wrong. Each parent is different. And they wouldn't be allowed to sell something that was so dangerous for newborns under and name that is so huge like tommee tippee. The machine is quite expensive too. I think of you go looking on the internet for things your always going to find someone bad mouthing something. They would have had to take it off the shelves if it was harmful to babies. You asked me where I got my information from. I only quoted exactly where. From the health professionals that told me a bottle should be made fresh every time with boiling water. And I also told I tried the whole flask things and it made my daughter poorly. So I think if people are worried they won't like the answers then shouldn't ask the questions.
But like I say as a mother of 3 soon to be 4 which one has made it all the way to being nearly 14. I feel I have enough experience in the field to know somewhat I am talking about.
Each to their own. I never said it made you nor I a bad parent just a completely different one 👍

as do as as a mum to soon to be 4 kids.
i don't know why your taking it so personal and giving it i have soon to be 4 kids i know what i'm talking about just because i am telling you what i've been told and read and also opinion. it's a forum that's what people do. don't throw the experience comment in there, your no more experienced that i am. it's not about experience though so calm down.

But that doesn't make a better parent just w different one ��

We are taking it personally as you are suggesting that you don't use one because 1. you know better than us, clearly you don't as you have misunderstood how the thing works..

And 2. Because you are more concerned for your child, than we are for ours...

There was really no need for you to come onto the thread, except to say you know better.... People who don't want to use one, wont, people who are interested in using one, they are bloody brilliant.... simple as really!

I think your paranoid hunny, noone said they were better than you. do you always take offensive to people saying what they have reaserched and that they have a different opinion? if you don't believe me go google it.

Christ ladies calm the hell down, if you happy to use one great end of no need for petty arguments and getting personal.

I've got the Perfect Prep. Very much looking forward to using it. Hoping it will make those night feeds just that little bit easier :)

Will of course be watching out for stomach bugs, as I would be doing regardless of feeding method. Make love, not war folks :)

as do as as a mum to soon to be 4 kids.
i don't know why your taking it so personal and giving it i have soon to be 4 kids i know what i'm talking about just because i am telling you what i've been told and read and also opinion. it's a forum that's what people do. don't throw the experience comment in there, your no more experienced that i am. it's not about experience though so calm down.

One minute have I missed something? When did I say I had taken offence? 😂. Seriously none taken!! I'm really not bothered by what you say.. I know what's best for my children. I was merely stating a fact that it even says on the back of the milk tins & everywhere that to make bottles fresh every time. So calm down I think things are getting just a little bit heated here. This thread was just for mums that might be interested in the tip she was giving out. Not for people to muscle in and take it upon themselves & try belittle other mothers. As I'm sure we are all doing a fantastic job.. So instead of commenting back. Why don't you just leave it for mums that want to know about the machine. Instead of making this about you. Coz its not.
I don't care what you have to say on my parenting. I just said and I quote!" It's DOESN'T make me a better parent than you coz I choice to use it. It just makes me a different one. Each equally just a as good. There so I think that covers everything 😂😂😂😂

I've got the Perfect Prep. Very much looking forward to using it. Hoping it will make those night feeds just that little bit easier :)

Will of course be watching out for stomach bugs, as I would be doing regardless of feeding method. Make love, not war folks :)

Who is going to war?? 😂😂 I really don't have time to be arguing about I'm better your better bull. I'm far to old in the tooth for all that mumbo jumbo 😂😂

Some of you seriously need to get a grip.
You started an arguement, go personal and passing childish comments for what for me commenting on stuff i've read. seriously get a grip.

I've already said I'm not judging, or thinking im better than you just telling you what i've heard and read. christ calm down.

ignore the advice if you like, just putting that out there!

Who is going to war?? 😂😂 I really don't have time to be arguing about I'm better your better bull. I'm far to old in the tooth for all that mumbo jumbo 😂😂

Really, cos i never said i was better than you or started the arguement. few of you have jumped on the bandwagon because i choose to do something different. it's pathetic and I'm not going to entertain it further. honestly you've serious problems if you over react to strangers doing things different. how strange.

Really, cos i never said i was better than you or started the arguement. few of you have jumped on the bandwagon because i choose to do something different. it's pathetic and I'm not going to entertain it further. honestly you've serious problems if you over react to strangers doing things different. how strange.

Ok... Yes we are the strange ones 👀.
I don't remember seeing any band wagon. Apart from the one where we was all agreeing how lovely the machine was..
So anyways LOOOOL

Some of you seriously need to get a grip.
You started an arguement, go personal and passing childish comments for what for me commenting on stuff i've read. seriously get a grip.

I've already said I'm not judging, or thinking im better than you just telling you what i've heard and read. christ calm down.

ignore the advice if you like, just putting that out there!

This is the most amazing post i have ever read...... talking about fictional childish comments, after calling people pathetic?! I have also read things, some people on the internet will tell you they have seen fairy and aliens... They will tell you with absolute conviction that ss came and took their children because someone didn't like them.... nowt to do with the drug den they spend their time in.

I explained how the filtration works, and how large the bacteria is.... but you would rather believe gossip, that's fine.... Good for you, but coming on here and having an attitude is unnecessary, what you are giving is in no way shape or form advice, its gossip.....

Hahahaha, oh my, such a lovely starting thread which resulted in me howling with laughter! As if they would sell a machine that would cause stomach bugs, seriously if you dont want to use one theres no need to comment.
The whole not making bottles up in advance was only caused because one nutcase in France left a bottle out for 24 hours then fed her baby and wondered why it became ill. I think we all use common sense (hopefully!!). Jessica Im sorry your innovent thread got trashed and gemstone Im ok thanks hun, have developed SPD which is a bit of a mare but otherwise im expanding nicely lol. I read that your placenta had moved 👍 hope your little girl is ok x

Hahahaha, oh my, such a lovely starting thread which resulted in me howling with laughter! As if they would sell a machine that would cause stomach bugs, seriously if you dont want to use one theres no need to comment.
The whole not making bottles up in advance was only caused because one nutcase in France left a bottle out for 24 hours then fed her baby and wondered why it became ill. I think we all use common sense (hopefully!!). Jessica Im sorry your innovent thread got trashed and gemstone Im ok thanks hun, have developed SPD which is a bit of a mare but otherwise im expanding nicely lol. I read that your placenta had moved 👍 hope your little girl is ok x

Hehe, it has had me chuckling as well. Poor Jessica was just giving a helpful tip bless her. Aw Hun I feel your pain 😢. I'm expanding too lol. Hope the pain gets a little easier. Well I see my consultant today and she doesn't think I will make it past 37 weeks because of my previous eclampsia & pre e. So I have just over 4 weeks to get my head round never making it too 40weeks ever 😢😢. But I know what ever is good for the baby and me is best. My little still hasn't seen the neurologist that's in December. But at least she is now sitting!! She sat for the first time on her first birthday I cried. Seemed as tho she never would so a very magical moment indeed x

WHEW!!! Some people are INTENSE.

We don't have that brand/model here, but I'm planning on getting one similar and have heard great reviews. Whatever helps with the nighttime feeds :)

All the best ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->