To Anyone w/Knowledge About Ectopics

xSTACEx

Pregnant x2!
Reaction score
Hi. I hope you all don't mind me asking, but I've had a loss back on Thanksgiving (early miscarriage) and now just found out I'm pregnant again. This Wednesday will be 5 weeks. Friday is my first u/s to see if the embryo is in the uterus.

Do any of you ladies know what the chances are that the bean would be anywhere else, but where it should be? I don't know much about ectopics or tubals and I'm going to worry until Friday. Having a previous loss makes it worse. I did have an HSG about a year ago and my tubes are clear; not sure if that info helps.

Thanks to anyone who can give me any info. I am a big ball of stress until Friday. I'm just scared that I will get any type of bad news and trying to figure out what I could possibly expect.

Hi Stace.
Is there any reason that you may think you have an ectopi pg, I think the chances are pretty slim, especially if your tubes are healthy.
I had an ec pg about 7 weeks ago now, I had weird sort of pains, but not unbearable, I did have a strange reddish brown discharge though.
I'm sure you will be fine and that baby is in exactly the right place but it's hard not to woorry after m/c or previous ectopic.
I'm hoping and praying that all is well and try not to worry.
Keep us posted honey xxx.

Hi Stace.
Is there any reason that you may think you have an ectopi pg, I think the chances are pretty slim, especially if your tubes are healthy.
I had an ec pg about 7 weeks ago now, I had weird sort of pains, but not unbearable, I did have a strange reddish brown discharge though.
I'm sure you will be fine and that baby is in exactly the right place but it's hard not to woorry after m/c or previous ectopic.
I'm hoping and praying that all is well and try not to worry.
Keep us posted honey xxx.

Thanks so much for replying, Lee. There isn't any specific reason why I think about ectopic. I honestly don't know the cause of my last loss, so I guess any kind of reason for something to go wrong this time has entered my mind. My first 2 betas were ok, but I am wary to be happy yet. Sometimes I have cramping. Last week was cramps like I was going to get my period and today a slight cramp over my right ovary like a pinprick of some sort. No bleeding or anything else to complain about.

Ever since my last beta on Friday, I've just worried about what type of bad news I could get this Friday at the u/s. I know that sounds terrible. My TTC journey has been so long and from the previous loss, I just feel like something's bound to happen? I don't know, it's hard to explain.

Additionally, my dr office hasn't said anything like "congratulations" yet and when they told me about the u/s, they said "we'll check to see if the sac can be seen in the uterus". These things just rubbed me the wrong way, I guess.

I am, however, very sorry for your losses and thank you again for replying to me. :hugs:

Sorry for your loss :hugs:

I think if you were having an ectopic, you'd get symptoms. I had one last year and the pain was awful! I had right sided pain (where the baby was) and bleeding, brown at first then red. I had a terribly painful right leg (pressing on nerves) and had to go to a & e....
So if you're not having any problems, I don't think there's much chance.
Hope that helps :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, GreyGirl. Thank you so much though for sharing your story with me. I am just extra worried/nervous because I don't know why my previous loss happened and so now I want to know anything that can go wrong this time and prepare myself. Thanks so much again.

PS Your dog is so cute! :)

i agree with the other girls, i had a ruptured ectopic last year, and you would know.
if they don't spot the baby on your scan don't worry either, as long as the lining of the womb is thickening everything will be fine.
put ectopic out of your mind completely, because i did this after mc'd i kept thinknig the worse that can happen this time is ectopic, and it bloody happened, my next thought was the worst thing that can happen now is it ruptures and i loose a tube; and it happened:growlmad:
think positive and stay happy and relaxed i'm adamant that it all help the baby if it can feel the good vibes!! :happydance: be happy your pregnant, and thats super!!!:thumbup:
:dust::dust::dust:

Hey... how did your USS go??
I just read your thread.... Hope all is ok..

I dont mean to be negative bt some facts re ectopics are untrue... (sorry not nitpicking)

im sure you will be fine as most ectopics become symptomatic from around 5wks (usually one sided pain, or shouldertip pain etc) some do not at all.
Also womb lining still thicken even with a tubal preg etc as your hormones still behave pregnant if that makes sense, sometimes a empty sac can be seen as a psuedo sac! (nature is mean!)

Sadly I had a ectopic 6wks ago at 8wks, and all the above happened to me! (also had v.small amount of spotting at 6wks but nothing serious) :-(
I had no symptoms that i noticed ( im a midwife and second guessed every little detail but seriously ectopic did not even x my mind!!) Luckily i was only scanned as a perk as such and thought i was just behind on my dates but bummer for me it was in the wrong place!

Im sure you have nothing to worry about. I can imagine with a previous loss you are naturally worried and most probably will be untill your around12wks or so im sure.
Ectopics occur 1/100 pregnancies so with minimal risk factors ( i have several risk factors once i thought about it) im sure you will be fine. Look forward to a update, be keeping fingers crossed beany is nustled nicely in your womb by now!

Good luck. ( sorry if post seemed negative- i have become slightly obsessed with these things) and i have to say, not even have it cross my mind n then having it was one of the biggest shock) Its all still very raw but am working up courage to TTC again. Fingers crossed i dont have to wait another 2yrs!!

Sticky Vibes to you! xx

Thanks to everyone and all your replies. I am sorry for each of your losses. I've just been paranoid and a worrywart ever since my first loss.

My 1st ultrasound seemed to go well. In fact, I was told I'm having twins! Definitely overwhelming and a shock. I will feel a lot more relief (but not too much) when I hear some heartbeats. I'll try and get some pics up from the scan.

:hugs:

Here are the scan pics from 3-25-11 (5 wks, 1 day). 2nd u/s will be this Friday 4/1/11 (6 wks, 1 day). I'm so curious if they'll be identical or fraternal. Let me know what you guys think (since there's no definite way to tell yet)!

BABY A
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/xenjoythesilencex/Preggers/3-25-111stUltrasoundBabyA-1.jpg

BABY B
https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/xenjoythesilencex/Preggers/3-25-111stUltrasoundBabyB-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->