To anyone with a tattoo on their hip.

Katia-xO

Mummy to 1 & baking #2
Reaction score
Well, i had a tattoo done on my right hip bone on Weds, my OH shocked me by sayin "Oooh you'll probably get pregnant this month now you've done that and then it'll get all stretched + weird"

And as much as it amused me, i'm scared :rofl:.
I did so much research for months before i had the tattoo, and mostly read that it shouldn't stretch. Now i'm scared "cause everyones different" lol.

Anyone else had a baby whilst they have a tattoo on their hip? How did it go and did it return back to normal afterwards? x

A bit different but my sister has one on her stomch to the right of her belly button & a bit lower & it did stretch & its bigger than it was & it hasnt got back to normal but everyones different.
What did you have?
I have one on my lower back so hoping it wont change x

i have one on my belly - next to buttonn hole - well kind of to the left.. it did stretch but as soon as my belly went back down so did the tattoo and now it's no different to before.

h x

I have lots of tats and 2 did change - the one on my hip and the one on my tummy - due to stretch marks - they are most common in these areas and dont believe all the creams - none of them work I used one from america that cost over 100 quid a pot and it still didnt work. The tattoos themselves are the same size and shape but they have breaks in the pattern where the stretch marks are. The more healed the tattoo is the better - newer ones tend to change more than ones that have been there over a year or so.

Oooh, i hadn't even thought of this. I have one on my hip too. But it's quite far over, i guess it depends how elastic your skin is really

I had 3 nautical stars going around my hip bone in a curve with swirls around them, theres a pic attatched :).

Yeah i was thinkin that too, but i already have a few stretch marks on my hips from just growin so i'm dreadin it when i'm huge in a few years or so!

Attachments

• Image31.jpg
    Image31.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 68
I had 3 nautical stars going around my hip bone in a curve with swirls around them

Sounds like a nice tattoo!

I had a tattoo done on my tummy when I was 18, am now 26. When I had it done I didn't even think about what might happen if I was to get pregnant!

Before Oscar
https://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/lorrvbrown/20-03-05_1715.jpg

After Oscar
https://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm52/lorrvbrown/DSC00064.jpg

I don't think its hardly changed, it did stretch of course while I was pregnant but went back down virtually to normal after I'd had Oscar.

Thankyou! The stars are nautical to symbolise the good and bad times, 2 for my gran + grandad i never got to meet and 1 for my auntie who passed away in July.

Katia-xO It's a really really nice tattoo. And it's nice that it has meaning behind it :hugs: Like you i also already have a few stretch marks on my hips from just growing and i guess that means i'm pretty much an ideal candidate for getting tonnes during pregnancy :(

And Mummytooscar that still looks really good :) hopefully mine won't change too much when i have kids.

My tattoo seems to have taken to my pregnancy ok, no stretchmarks through it and I think it'll go back to it's shape pretty well. Hope so coz it's hearts and circles, would look kinda funny if it were wonky, lol.

well i think it all depends on ur weight ,size u go 2 etc...urs doesnt look 2 be in such a bad place ..... me and my mate av the same tattoo round r belly buttons,and she was about 15st when she got pg and at 9mth she was massive and this writing round her button was just massive.....this baby is 6now and it didnt go bk 2normal but got bk 2been "ok" but shes just had another 9lb baby...didnt ask 2 see the tattoo!!

think u be fine cos it'll be on ur bony part that,good luck :)

I can't get tattoos! :hissy: I had a blood disorder where my body would inexplicably attack my platelets. It's been in remission for about 4 years now but still - no tats for me. :cry:

Aww Chris i sympathise with you!! What about henna tattoos? They don't use needles + can be black/orange + only last for a while. Better than sticking ones from kids magazines on :p haha.

I can't get anymore piercings lol.. i'm allergic to the spray they use to clean and numb the area.. i had my belly done (as seen in the pic) and it swelled up so much i had to have a 18mm bar in to stop it pushing outa the hole (gross i know), its ok now the solution is outa my system, meanin i have a hella lovely scar from it but omg WHAT if i had have had my tongue done instead like i was gona?? Thank god i didnt lol x

I had 3 nautical stars going around my hip bone in a curve with swirls around them, theres a pic attatched :).

Yeah i was thinkin that too, but i already have a few stretch marks on my hips from just growin so i'm dreadin it when i'm huge in a few years or so!

First of all your tattoo is very pretty :D Good choice lol (y)
Secondly, depends on your skin, and how much baby oil you coat on your belly when your pregnant. I got stretch marks from being 10 weeks 4 days pregnant. So I'm pretty fucked for when I actually have a full term pregnancy lmao.
I think your tattoo would look fine even if it got stretched as it's quite thin and small if you get me xxx

Aww Chris i sympathise with you!! What about henna tattoos? They don't use needles + can be black/orange + only last for a while. Better than sticking ones from kids magazines on :p haha.

I can't get anymore piercings lol.. i'm allergic to the spray they use to clean and numb the area.. i had my belly done (as seen in the pic) and it swelled up so much i had to have a 18mm bar in to stop it pushing outa the hole (gross i know), its ok now the solution is outa my system, meanin i have a hella lovely scar from it but omg WHAT if i had have had my tongue done instead like i was gona?? Thank god i didnt lol x

You could have a piercing, they just wouldn't beable to numb it lmao :p
xx

You could have a piercing, they just wouldn't beable to numb it lmao :p
xx

Would well hurt! Although my belly button piercing rejected, i wonder if that could have had something to do with the numbing stuff because i know that most places recommend not using it anymore

FAB Tattoo!
I was thinking about having this tattoo done...
(yes - its a paper design stuck on with moisturiser!)

So glad you posted this... I Hadn't even thought about it stretching!
Hmm - think I might give it a miss!

Attachments

• samlltat.JPG
    samlltat.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 19

I thought about henna but can't do it on myself and don't know of any places around here that do them. I guess I'll just search more.

I had my belly button pierced but it kept getting infected (eventhough I was cleaning it very well) so I took it out and let it close up. Now, I'm just too fat for a belly button ring. :rofl:

Aw beautiful tattoo! You might get even more answers to your question if you post it in the postpartum forum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->