To conceive or not to conceive... Baby #2?

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi gals,

My DD is now 15 months old, and hubby and I have been in discussions about #2. I'm basically just asking for some opions/experiences. I'd like for them to be close in age, but then I worry my little girl will be upset when mom has a new baby... I'm just a little lost to be honest. We have a beautiful home that is big enough for us to expand, and I love my family so much, I can't wait to have another baby. Right now I've just gotten a promotion a work too so I feel bad if I leave again although I know it will be okay. If anyone can offer and words I'd appreciate it.

Life is too short, have lots of babies I say!! Ds1 is 14 months and we are ttc #2..i was hesitant at first but now I can't wait! I imagine it will be strange at first as ds1 has been my everything.. But I know he'll love having a little brother or sister! It's so exciting xx

I can't give parent experiences as I haven't had kids yet but I will say, I am 18 months younger than my older sister and growing up we were best friends. It was not only so much fun to have a sibling that close in age - it made life for my parents waaaaaaay easier (school activities started around the same time, we even got to play on the same town and school teams), etc. My Mom said she still felt prepared for sleepless nights, we were able to share toys, clothes, etc. Both my parents worked full time too. My younger sibling is 5 years younger and unfortunately she said all through our younger lives she felt so left out! (Now she's my best friend, but took her getting into her 20's before we had much in common.)

Hope you find the right decision for your family :flower:

I have friends with a 2 year age gap and the older siblings adore the younger. Also as long as your ready for it to happen straight away I wouldn't worry too much about age gaps and how soon you'll be off work again as you don't know when you'll get pregnant. I was hoping for about 2 and a half as an age gap but we're now looking at over 3 as it hasn't happened yet for us.

Thanks ladies. I'm going to speak with DH tonight and see what he wants. Hopefully I can join the TTC train soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->