To go or not to go (hospital)

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
Okay so I started timing my contractions since 8 pm and they've been between 5-6 min since and the last one I had was within 4 min of the last. My thing is there not all painful and the ones that are painful aren't as bad or alarming as people have told me they would be. I don't want to waste my time my bfs time or the hospitals time running up there just to be sent home. I had an appointment Friday I was 1.5 dilated and 50 % effaced.

I would suggest calling either hospital or mw to see what they say !

Some ladies have painless contractions, go to L and D, and find out they're 8cm dialated! Every woman and pregnancy is different. I agree with PP ^ though, I would call MW or Hospital first. :)

I always thought labor would be obvious! I'm going to talk to OH about it and try to wait and see if they get stronger. Id love for this to be it but it feels too good to be true...especially with contractions that don't even really hurt.. Grrrr :(

I had no idea I was in labor with my first because it didn't hurt enough. I would go get checked.

I decided to wait...shes still hanging in there and the contractions spaced apart again so now im waiting to see if i get any that alarm me so i can start timing them again. If it happens again today im going in pain or no pain..its too scary to think i could be having a very painless silent labor..i dont want to end up giving birth at home with no doctors or anyone!

With my DD, I was sort of the same way. I started feeling something (every 5 mins) but wasn't really sure what it was. It didn't hurt, wasn't even really uncomfortable. I was scared to mention it to anyone because I didn't want to waste anyone's time. I ended up just waiting it out (about 5 hours) and all of a sudden my water broke. THEN I started having painful contractions.

Like you said, I'd def go in or call someone today if they get regular again.

Yeah that was my issue...didnt want to bother anyone with my little contractions..
I hope my water breaks on its own and that will be my big clue that im in labor other wise im going to be back and forth with myself til someone forces me into the hospital.

Ive been to the hospital twice and sent home, strong steady contractions for hours so the midwife said to go in. No dice, but at least I know baby is fine. I'm hoping my water breaks too, at this point I'm really not sure when to go in!

I was in the same boat as you, didn't think my contractions were strong enough to go to the hospital but then at around 4am they turned up a gear and we went to the hospital and I'm 3-4cm dilated!

I have no contractions before my waters go and with in 5 mins of my waters going I am fully dilated then the pains start so I would suggest calling midwife or labour ward to see what they say :) Good luck xx

I went I'm last night about midnight....totally regret it! They kept til 730 this morning checked my cervix 3 times still no change chalked it up to Braxton Hicks and sent me home since I'm not far enough along to be induced....I didn't get no sleep at all had to go home shower and go straight to class I can't wait to get home and crawl in bed for the day I'm extremely swollen and still having these dang contractions..........they can induce me next week so if I have another scare I'll just let then do there thing even though I don't really like the idea.

I'm sorry, that stinks :wacko: At least you know now, though.

I bet you'll be back soon enough to have that baby! :hugs:

That would be nice. Next time I'm having contractions I'm taking a good long nap before going to the hospital there beds are like concrete and you can't sleep on your side with all the monitoring and definitely bringing my own pillows.

I totally agree, 2 false alarms with my first made me so skeptical. I got no sleep and no food and still had no baby. This time I want to stay home until I am sure (I live 5 minutes from the hospital)

Yeah same here the hospital is so close my OH came home in the middle of the night last night to use the restroom...weirdo. They made him sleep in a very uncomfortable recliner he told me i better be screaming in pain and tearing his head off or were not wasting our time going up there again..He still thinks ill have her this week...after lastnight i think i could probably go full term if i dont give in and induce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->