to introduce formula or not?

Lexi I really feel for you my ds was the same and everyone kept saying it was normal he never slept longer than 90 mins for the whole four months I fed. I was miserable and on the verge, if not actually depressed. I discovered he had a tongue tie and wasn't feeding very efficiently. Health professionals refused to cut it!
I moved him over to formula over a few weeks and my darkness lifted. He still needed a bottle once or twice a night but life was so much better. Now I'm feeding dd and everything is so good I'm really realising just how tough life with ds was and I can't believe I bf as long as I didi. If your health and happiness is really suffering, do what you need to. Although I'm so happy I bf ds for 4 months I do regret on missing out on all the joy I'm experiencing now with dd. x

I know how you feel.

My 8 month old is still a frequent night feeder and as I have a preschooler too I can't catch up on sleep in the day.

I have tired days, and exhausted days but I do love BF and I'm plodding through.

I tried introducing formula at night and it didn't make any difference to us so I stopped. That doesn't mean it won't work for you though so I would give it a try and pump that feed to keep your supply.

If it does work keep it up and don't feel bad about it. Looking after yourself is really important.

Interestingly I had to stay in hospital for two nights recently and while I was there my DS slept through on the second night. He was bottle fed EBM so I don't think the milk made a difference but perhaps the fact I wasn't there did. Maybe he is feeding more for comfort, I don't know.

He is still in our room do even if hubby tries to settle him in the night he cries while looking around for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->