To make a new thread or not?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
what is the polite thing to do?

Esp in baby, toddler, TTC, and pregnancy forums, when you have a question and someone already has asked something simular, but you want information slightly different. Do you hyjack their thread or start a new one? and whats the polite thing to do?

I noticed someone right a thread about waters just before i did but didnt want to hyjack theirs esp as we are in totally different circumstances, so i started a new one. But then you also get like at least 8 threads asking "is this my plug" type questions lol!

Im not bothered either way, if someone hyjacks mine im happy its still going and helping someone else, and if someone asks the same its doesnt bother me either. But wondering of people had opionons on it?

I think it's only polite to start one of your own if the question you were about to ask hasn't quite been answered.

I don't mind too much if people do it to me, but I don't like it when it goes off topic and I'm non the wiser as to what I've just asked about!

I don't like hijacking threads at all, I'd rather start a new one, assuming I've searched first.

The only reason id start a new one is cos people tend to read OP's first post and answer it, so not always reading the other responses, so your added Q may get missed.

There no harm in posting your seperate :)

The only reason id start a new one is cos people tend to read OP's first post and answer it, so not always reading the other responses, so your added Q may get missed.

There no harm in posting your seperate :)

:thumbup: WSS ^^

I know what you mean, i always start new ones if i want to ask something slightly different!! I dont like jumping in on someone else thread and like Lellow said people dont always read all of the thread!!

What Lellow wrote is bob on.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"