To prevent miscarriage

bke

Reaction score
Hi guys!!

Just got my :bfp: today! OMG i can´t believe I´m actually saying this!! :happydance: Am due around next christmas.

Don´t have huge amount of symptoms but very happy obviously after many months of trying.

Is there anything that is supposed to help to prevent miscarriage other than just to relax and be happy? I´ve heard about some girls taking baby aspirin?
I know about the no alcohol part.. just wondering if there is anything that I could do to help my little bean stick. I sure took time to get it in there. :)

Hugs to all of you! :hugs:

hiya hun , after losing 3 i can honestly say the only thing ive done differently is not lift a finger :rofl: no hoovering etc etc if beanie is gonna stick it will if not im afraid there isnt much u can do ! just obvious things like dont do cat litter etc sorry i cant be no more help :hug:

Yeah I also believe in just being a complete lazy cow!

But honestly, you cant prevent it, if its going to happen its going to happen. :( After two previous miscarriages I learnt theres just nothing you can do.

I think for the majority, nothing you do or don't do causes miscarriage. I am one to believe that if it happens, it's more that it was something internal or that it wasn't a healthy bean.

Of course, prevention of lifting heavy, heavy things, avoiding foods that you shouldn't eat, etc. does help for a sticky bean.

unfortually around 40% of pregnancys end in the first 12wk, and a even higher number dont stick and af comes , i mmc in march last yr and was told it was prob due to "one of those things" :hissy:
as for the baby asprin, ur must ask ur gp cos if uv any blood issues u shudnt take it, it helps while ttc , getting the lining correct thickness etc
just relax , eat healthy, drink lots of water and takecare x

just relax take things easy, dont get stressed! Apart fromt hat your body will do the rest of the work! Enjoy the next 9 months xx

Don't take aspirin unless instructed to by your doctors hun, it's only if you have a blood history etc.
As for everything else, try to not get stressed and be happy, no stretching, climbing (in case of a fall) or lifting but other than that you can go on as normal xx

Thanks so much girls! :hugs: Guess I just got a little paranoid that there actually IS something there. Just going to try to relax and enjoy life. :)

there is nothing you can do unfortunately, just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy xx

Well not to contradict anyone here...but I would suggest that if you haven't had any miscarriage issues and your doctor isn't recommending less activity, then you should continue on with your life and definitely make sure that you get some exercise in there!

I personally am still walking on the treadmill, doing some light to medium weight training, etc. I also still do the lifting and the other day just moved the furniture around mostly on my own. At this stage there's really nothing different and your little baby is SO well protected in your uterus and under your pelvic bone that there usually isn't much that you can do in your regular life that would make a difference.

I personally believe that stressing about it and changing all sorts of things (ie. worrying every time you pick something up, or strain yourself) will do more harm than the actual activity. I mean most people who are pregnant with older kids spend the whole pregnancy lifting up another child and they get on just fine... My friend last year just ran a marathon while she was 3 months pg, no problem.

Of course...make sure your doc hasn't said otherwise.

Again I'd have to disagree with you k2daho.

My step mum is pg with her second and was told not to lift my brother whilst pg as the weight can damage the baby. I'm not sure of exact theory behind it but basically you can damage yourself a lot easier with your newly softened tissues/ligaments etc.

I say do what you feel comfortable with. I am happy to hoover as long as OH carries it up and down the stairs for me. I don't want to jeopardise my baby in any way so if someone else can do the lifting then that's all good by me.

Of course I'm a bit skeptical about the relaxing bit, if you're usually fit and busy then don't completely change your life style, just take your time and do what you feel you want to or can do.

Hell you only get 9 months to milk this so I won't blame you for trying!!

Im on baby aspirin and its a very low dose the doctor has to give it to you as you wouldnt be able to buy it, ive been told not to lift and to take things easy but some people just carry on as normal i think it depends on your history xx

Yes, that's true puppycat, that you can hurt yourself due to the relaxin (I think that's what it's called) that makes your joints more limber, but that's more likely to hurt you than cause a miscarriage. I was referring only to regular activities causing miscarriages.

I believe it was stress with my previous MC's. So just try and stay in a stress free zone. x

I agree with what has mostly been said on here already, if it's going to happen, there's little you can do about it. Eat healthy, avoid alcohol and certain foods etc, but other than that you can carry on as normal. I don't tend to lift heavy items day to day anyway, but do still lift my 2 year old daughter, the full laundry basket, the hoover, full shopping bags etc (not all at the same time :rofl:), just be a little more careful whilst doing so. Wrapping yourself up in cotton wool won't make a difference to the eventual outcome, so just relax and enjoy, and good luck (easier said than done, i know!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->