To tell or not to tell, that is the question!

KalicoKat

Reaction score
I had my first trimester screen done today. And baby looks like a baby ❤

Heart rate was 151 and it's starting to sink in that I have a life growing inside me 😬. The ultrasonographer said everything looks good so far, and baby looks healthy

Ultrasound put me at 12 weeks 5 days, but I think I'm more 11 weeks 5 days based on when husband and I BD.

I don't really know when to tell people or not. I wanted to wait until the 18 week scan, but at the same time I wanna tell the world lol

I won't have another ultrasound until 18 weeks, but do you still wait the 14 weeks without an exam/ultrasound to tell?

Hi KalicoKat! It's a really tough decision to make, how does your SO feel about spreading the news? There is no way of knowing if the unthinkable can happen or when, but it's a lot less of a risk at this stage!

In my own experience, I told my parents, siblings, and in-laws right away!! Like I was only 5 weeks along! We were ok telling whom we did because i knew I'd have their love and support no matter what. Good luck!!

I agree, at this stage announcing is really up to when you and hubs feel like sharing. I told my bff the moment the second pink line appeared (she's my emotional rock), my family at 6 weeks, SO at 13 (long story), work at 14.5 only because I was so uncomfortable trying to hide my bump, then social media the da after I told work :).

It's totally up to you and your OH, personally after the 12 week scan we have usually told people. With this one I have a scan at 8 weeks so I'm going to tell my kids then, my family already know and then everyone else will be told after the 12 week scan.

I think it's totally up to you and your partner Hun at this stage. I myself told most people very early on, most people who I saw day to day knew by 8 weeks but I've been through a loss and when I did I found their support helpful so didn't want to hide. After 12 weeks the chances of loss are significantly less so it's whatever you feel comfortable with.

I've only told one friend and my SO i'm expecting. I plan to tell my parents after the 12 week scan, work at 20 weeks and social media at 24 weeks. I just want to make sure everything will be ok before I tell everybody I know x

I announced right after we had our 8 week scan and saw the heartbeat.

It's just really up to you based on your comfort level. Personally, there is no way I would be able to wait until 18 weeks! I'm 14 + 2 and just told my boss yesterday. I'm starting to show a lot so I figured it was the time.

I tell my mom, sister and OH as soon as I get a BFP, except for the one time I had a BFP and left it on the bathroom counter for three days until I got sick of cleaning around it and told OH to go look on the bathroom counter already. Hahaha

I announced to everyone else at 6w1d with my first (after my first ultrasound), 9w3d with my second (when OH's cousin posted a congrats on my Facebook because OH had told grandma), 20 weeks with my third (my 2nd-born was 2 months old when she was conceived, so I was in no rush) - this was my favorite because I announced the sex at the same time - our first girl! I announced my fourth at 14 weeks and my fifth (current) at 15-16 because it was a rough start, and I wasn't convinced it would be viable. Except for my second announcement, when I was forced into it, I did exactly what I wanted to do. It's a big decision, but since it's my body, my OH lets me announce on my terms. At some point, I just get sick of keeping it a secret and feel this intense need to shout it from the rooftops, so that's when I make my official announcement. ;)

You've gotta do what's right for you here. It's your body and your choice when to tell. You don't HAVE to wait for 14 weeks, or you could announce much later on if you wanted. Either way, I hope you get lots of love and attention from your friends and family and enjoy your pregnancy! :)

We told my parents @ 6 weeks, my in laws at 8 weeks (due to them living away rather than anything else) and everyone else the day of our 12 week scan via messages for close friends/family and later in the day, Facebook/Instagram for everyone else!

It's totally up to you & your partner. Certainly in the UK its most common to announce at 12 weeks. I think mostly likely as there are no further scans until 20 weeks, at which point it's probably quite hard to hide! For me, I was so relieved to finally tell everyone at 12 weeks, I was so fed up of lying and so grateful to finally be able to tell everyone about how ill I felt!

Up to you & your partner, but if you are excited to tell everyone then don't hesitate. There are no rules. Eventually it'll not be important and you'll wonder why you were worrying :)

Thank you girls!!

This website doesn't seem to like my phone lol

I think we may wait a bit longer but ok if people find out in the mean time ❤

I had to go to the doctor yesterday for cramping, and got to hear the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler 😍... that was crazy! My doctor said we may not here it but bam! There it was ❤ 155bpm

Awww congrats on a healthy heartbeat! Sorry about the cramping scare

Thank you dobbyforever

I've had cramping this whole pregnancy so far, but it changed to pretty bad pressure cramps. My doctor thinks I might have a UTI, or worse case appendix 😂

I think I just had to 💩 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->