To temp or not to temp?... That is the question

Trying4first1

Mum to a miracle
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have been temping for the last two cycles and it is stressing me out big time! I have lost sleep over it and I know all of this isnt good when ttc.
So I was thinking about giving it up completely.... However I had a thought....
Would it be useful to temp up until O? Wait until it's confirmed with the 3 temps then stop? This would stop me feeling too stressed in the ttw and becoming anxious over every little temp drop. Or could I just temp a few days before get a positive OPK (I know my body very well now) until after OV once I have the 3 temps to confirm?
I just want to find a way around this. I like to confirm OV but hate temping everyday!
Any advice would be most welcomed. Sorry for the essay :haha:

I personally don't temp, I am terrible enough at symptom sporting as it is, I can also be pretty forgetful, so I would say do what ever feels right for you, if it stressing you out too much, then i would stop, sorry probably not very good advice but didn't want to read and run, gl what ever you decide is right
Baby dust

I felt the same to be honest.

At the moment I'm just temping when I wake naturally as I'm still a way off ovulation, after the weekend I'll probably temp properly for a week then maybe relax a little again. I'm using clear blue and normal opks too so that helps pinpoint.

I'm so glad to have read your post because I have been feeling the same way. Sometimes I wake up an hour before the time I'm supposed to take my temperature and just lie in bed waiting for my alarm to go off. I understand that technically you are not supposed to analyse temperature on a daily basis but it's so hard during TWW. If you find it so stressful that it's effecting your conception, then it's a good idea to stop for a while. :thumbup:

I have read from quite a few ladies who only temp to confirm O then stop.
If you are having trouble temping at the same time, here is an awesome temp adjuster, so if you are an hour or 2 ( or 3-4 lol) off you can always use and adjusted temp, which is better than skipping a temp or guessing :
https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php
If looking at temps in general is stressing you..take a break, no one will fault you. It is hard for ppl with erratic sleep like me, but I do my best, and adjust on the mornings I wake a bit earlier and can't get back to sleep.
We each have to feel comfortable with the path we walk while ttc - do what feels right for you !:hugs:

Ladies thank you all so much for your advice and support! :hugs: you have all really helped.
I think I am going to take a break until AF is finished then will temp up until ovulatation and the the confirmed temps, I then will stop for the month.
I will see how that goes. If I still loose sleep then next cycle I will cut it out altogether!
I know that the luteal phase is the most stressful part of the cycle, so maybe it will help. If not, then I know what to do the following month!
JLM love the temp adjuster. Thank you! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->