To the Mamas with more than 1 baby

Xurfingers4US

Pregnant (#2)
Reaction score
Just curious, what differences did you notice in your subsequent pregnancies? How much quicker did you notice symptoms or start to show? Did you feel your baby kick sooner? I breastfed with my first child and plan to do that again, did you notice differences with that? Just curious, my oldest is only 16 months but I can barely remember my first pregnancy at all.

:)

This is my 3rd and my first 2 were so different I don't even know where to start.

Baby number one I had little to no morning sickness but had zero appetite and lost a ton of weight at first, the pregnancy was fairly easy but lots of BH in the late 2nd an throughout the 3rd tri and had to be induced and had a very long and very painful labor. Craved chicken frieds from BK. Felt the first kicks around 16 weeks.

Baby number two I had a somewhat rough pregnancy and had terrible morning sickness right off the bat where I was running to the bathroom every morning to vomit and dry heaved throughout the day but I had a pretty good appetite in spite of it all and ate like a horse. Craved meat. Red meat. Burgers mostly. Felt the first kicks around 10-11 weeks. Went into labor naturally but my water had to be broken, but I progressed from 3 cms to 8 in an hour before I went to the hospital and was in SO much pain from the contractions by the time I got there I was weeping and incoherent. However, once I got the epidural labor pretty much stopped and I had to be given something i cant remember the name of to pick my cxontractions up again and that got me to 10 and I pushed 5 times and he was out, with very little pain.

No stitches were needed with second, but first required quite a few. Both babies around 8lbs 9oz.

First was a girl, second a boy. I'm thinking this is going to be a girl again as I've not had morning sickness yet, but again have no appetite and have lost weight but we'll see. It's early yet.

Hope this answers your question! ^_^

How neat! I also have a February 2013 baby. Aren't they fun at this age?

Anyways this is my 7th child due in March.
I have noticed for me, that i do show quicker. Your body is like "I done this before" and your showing 5 minutes after the test turns +. :laugh2:

My symptoms dont show up right away. Except for the fatigue. Usually by week 6 or 7 then im sick for a few weeks.

Yes. You certainly do feel baby kick sooner. Unless your placenta is in front. I have had 2 babies with Anterior plancentas and i rarely felt them until they were big enough to poke me on the sides.

My births take longer and longer. I dont know why. My first 3 were 3 hours long. Then the rest gradually got longer. My Feb 2013 baby took 22 hrs of labor. Ugh.

Well thats all i can think of for now. :)

I also wanted to echo what Pregnant Kitty has said. Every pregnancy and baby is different. Thats for sure. So dont stress if you felt something at one week but not at a week in this pregnancy.

I have noticed a few differences with this pregnancy already, but this biggest one is my attitude. With my first pregnancy, I was so paranoid about every pain and petrified of everything that could go wrong. I do still fear having a miscarriage, but aside from that I am a lot more laid back. My symptoms are different this time around and they have started a lot sooner, I am hoping it is because this one is a boy.

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->