To those who weaned early (before 6 months)

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

We waited until the 6 month point with DD1 but DD2 just didnt seem satisfied on milk and she was fascinated by food (she would watch us eat and drool, and scream when she couldn't have anything), so, we gave her solids (a bit of pureed carrot) at 5 months.

My question is, how much (in terms of portion size) did you give your LO at 5 months? I give DD2 half a stage 1 jar for breakfast and tea. She has 4 9 oz bottles per day too.

She is waking at 3-5am every morning really hungry. We give her a bottle which she drains.

Am I not giving her enough??

We started with 1/2 a jar at breakfast and then added another 1/2 a jar for tea on days when he wasn't too tired to eat. He has 4 x 7 oz during the day and another 7oz around 2am which he drains like your lo. Hardly surprising since it's been around 8hrs since his last feed by then.

It sounds like she's having a good amount. It's perfectly normal for her to still need a night feed :)

We started with 1/2 a jar at breakfast and then added another 1/2 a jar for tea on days when he wasn't too tired to eat. He has 4 x 7 oz during the day and another 7oz around 2am which he drains like your lo. Hardly surprising since it's been around 8hrs since his last feed by then.

It sounds like she's having a good amount. It's perfectly normal for her to still need a night feed :)

Great thank you. It sounds like she's having enough, although saying that, Ive started giving her a baby cereal, mixed with her milk, and she can't get enough. I only give her a small amount as don't want to over load her, but she goes crazy when its finished and I end up giving her 2 more portions before she's satisfied! :)

No problem. Flynn loves the cereal too. He has about the equivalent of 1/2 a jar :)

We started at around 5 months. I never used jars, we just pureed simple veg and fruits. For the longest time we only gave food once a day and we always followed LO's lead. He'd turn his head if he lost interest. I wouldn't worry about how much food LO 'should' be eating at this age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->