To wait.... or not to wait... that is the question...???

Chimpette

3 Handsome Chappies! xx
Reaction score
For those who don't know my story, I have a 2 year old son, we started TTC #2 in September and fall pregnant in October, unfortuantely we found out at xmas that it was a missed miscarriage. The doctors said we could start trying after my 1st AF, and so we did and I got pregnant straight away again to my delight. Unfortunately at Easter we once again found out that we'd had a missed miscarriage.

Now we had all good intentions of waiting until August to try again, but now I'm itching to try now!!!! The doctors have said to wait 3 months, and I'm not sure if that's because of mentally it would be better for me, or maybe it's because I might risk having another one if I try too soon...

What does everyone else think...???

xx

very sorry for your losses x

I think that if you feel emotionally ready then go for it now. Every pregnancy is different and I doubt waiting 3 months will reduce your chances of another mmc. You could always just not use protection rather than (what I call!) obsessively trying, you know, opks and all that jazz. And just see what happens.

I also fell pregnant last Oct and had mmc in December :hugs:

Hi I'm sorry for your loses I had my second mc in Jan and for the past few months wanted a baby more than anything but my body wasn't ready. My doctor said it would take about 6 months for my body to heal and I agree it has taken that long it has now been just over 5 months and we are ttc again. But to help myself while I was healing I was preparing my body my taking folic acid and generally looking after myself and looking forward to trying again. I think you need time for your body it's been through something traumatic I would wait until your body is ready.

Lynda

Also I would have a really good think about it you will know what feels right.

my doctor told me that they used to tell people to wait, but there is no proven reason as to why you need to. he told me to go home and get pregnant again right away and not wait.

my thoughts are if you are emotionally ready, and your body feels ready, then go for it! wishing you luck:)

I didnt want to read and run so just leaving you some :hugs: xxx

Hi

2 doctors told me to wait 6 months, my gp yesterday said 2 - 3 Af's

I think its so the body heals and you are strong both physically and emotionally.

I hav'nt had a normal AF yet so Im gonna wait till thats back to normal then think about trying.

My GP said no need to wait, gynaecologist said wait 2-3 cycles, then bereavement midwife said wait 6 months!!! I didn't have a miscarriage, but a premature birth, and the midwife's reasoning was that my cervix has been fully dilated and would already be 'baggier' than it used to be as this was my fourth pregnancy and twins.

However, I do not plan to wait 6 months for practical reasons, my husband is in the army and is going to Afghanistan next October and due to the complications in this pregnancy (my waters broke at 14 weeks then I got bilateral pulmonary embolisms) I do not want to be pregnant while he is away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->