Toast

Samemka

Mummy of 2 girlies
Reaction score
Emma is 6 months now and I started to wean her at 5 months so she's now on 3 meals a day and 3/4 bottles.

When can I start trying her with toast and finger foods?

Although I've purreed her food so far I'm very keen to try some BLW - I've been letting her suck on peices of melon, an apple I'm eating etc, but I'm a bit stuck now.

Thank you x

I'm pretty sure if you follow BLW then you could give toast anytime after 6months - but...and I'm sure you girls will assure me it won't happen but...I'm too scared she'll choke!!! :(

With traditional weaning you usually start offering finger foods alongside purees at about 6 months - this isn't the same as BLW though - with BLW you don't do any spoonfeeding at all.
At 6 months her gag reflex will protect her from choking, toast is a great finger food to start with, cut into strips. melon is also good, and check out the finger food sticky too :)

Thanks Nicky and Claire - off to read the sticky :D

Agree with Claire - fingers foods are usually introduced around 6/7m with traditional weaning anyway.

It's highly unlikely that your LO will choke, just be sensible and take all precautions you can (ie. sitting them fully upright in a suitable chair - not a bouncer or anything, avoiding things like peanuts and raisins, knowing what to do if they do choke (not gag!!) etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->