toast

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Yet another question from me :lol:

I gave Hannah a toast finger as a snack this morning (which she loved). I was a bit skeptical, not sure if she could handle it but she did a great job, no choking or anything. But I was wondering what kind of bread you all use? We usually buy plain white bread. Is this okay? Would whole wheat be better?

I use the white bread from "smart" its like whole wheat but not too much in it

I read that babies aren't meant to have too much wholemeal bread as it fills them up too much. I think the book I read said equal amounts of each if you're going to give wholemeal. I'm just giving white at the moment. I would have thought brown would be better too though.

I tried to give her a rusk for her afternoon snack she down right refused it! :rofl: Had to give her more toast :wacko: But she did choke on it a bit so maybe I gave her to big of a piece :(

it's supposed to better for the toast and finger food to be bigger I think as it's easier to handle. Babies' gag reflexes are further forward than ours apparently and so they seem to gag a lot. Alasdair does it but I think he's learning lol. Alasdair is a rusk-a-holic...

it's supposed to better for the toast and finger food to be bigger I think as it's easier to handle. Babies' gag reflexes are further forward than ours apparently and so they seem to gag a lot. Alasdair does it but I think he's learning lol. Alasdair is a rusk-a-holic...

Thanks that's reassuring. And actually makes a lot of sense. Hannah has a lot of problems getting food into her mouth because of the way she holds it...so it is better for it to be bigger, easier for her to handle.

White Smart bread would be good for her Vickie. I buy this for our family as it least it has some nutrients in it whereas the normal white bread doesn't. :)

My in-laws couldn't believe Hannah was eating toast yesterday :rofl: :rofl: But they were quite impressed that she could do it :smug:

:rofl::rofl:

Imagine the looks on their faces :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"