Toby - My second little bundle of joy

cyclura

Mother and expecting
Reaction score
It has been a couple of weeks now so I thought it was about time I wrote out my birth story.............here goes

I had been in the early stages of labour for about 10 days at this stage, every evening I would have mild contractions and they would settle by the next morning. Anyway I woke up in the early hours of 19th Jan to painful contractions, I tried to get back to sleep but every time another contraction came it woke me up. Eventually I woke up and started timing them, they were approx 8 mins apart and lasting about 50-60 seconds. I put up with this for a while and they were gradually getting closer together. At 4.30 they were 5 minutes apart and I was struggling to do anything through them, so I called my ILs to come and collect my daughter as I thought we would be going in within the next few hours.

The inlaws arrived at approx 7.30 am and got all of my DDs things together, they left at about 8.30 am. I was in the hospital by 9am.

I was trying for a VBAC but I have a UU so I am classed as high risk, this ment regular monitoring. I was hooked up and monitored for 20 mins or so and the MW did an internal to see how far along I was. I was only 2cm dialated but everyting else was well on the way, baby was also back to back which would explain why it hurt so much more than "normal" but it was more of a sideways back to back and babys head was engaged at a weird angle.

a few hours later I asked for G & A as the pain was insane, the MW was worried at this point so she checked me again and I was only 4cm dialated, I burst into tears as I thought I was further along. I was being monitored constantly at this point due to being a VBAC/back to back and having the babies head engaged at a dodgy angle and my contractions were ontop of each other but I was not dialating any further. The doctor was called in to check on me and he checked how far dialted I was (still only 4cm) and decided to break my waters to see if it would help.

My waters were broken and this is where I was told after what happened as I do not remember from this point. Aparently there was a huge amount of blood in my waters, I also started screaming for some pain relief due to my scar burning (I do not remember this). I even asked for an epidural and I have a fobia of needles in my spine so it must of been bad. Apparently the babies heart beat started to drop as well so it was decided I was being rushed for an EMCS. I was taken to the theatre and Toby was born soon after by EMCS.

I was a very very lucky lady and I am very grateful to that doctor, it was the start of a uterine rupture and if it was not for his quick decision for a CS I hate to think what may have happened. Thankfully because of his quick thinking my son is well and I am fine and healing.

Glad he arrived safely, congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->