Today is October 15th... Babyloss Rememberance Day

collie_crazy

1 Angel, 1 rainbow growin
Reaction score
I know we remember our babies every second of every day but today is a good day of reminding everyone else - that they were our babies, they did exist, acknowledge them.

I found this clip on YouTube tonight and it started the tears but its lovely. It has clips of candles burning for the 2008 Wave of Light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEzDnmjE0E&feature=player_embedded

I will be lighting my candle at 7pm and remembering all of our babies. I hope they are up there somewhere looking down on us all. I'm sure I will take a pic and add it here. It would be nice if anyone else wanted to light their candle and take a pic to add it too :hugs:

Lots of love to you and all our babies :kiss:

PS I posted this as my facebook status:

So far this October we have heard about Breast Cancer Awareness week and Chocolate week! I wonder how many of you realise that October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day, I will bet on not a lot of you! 17 babies die everyday in the UK from stillbirth, neonatal death and SIDS. Thats 255 babies this month alone so far. And thats stats only for the UK and does not include miscarriage statistics. An estimated 1 in 4 women will suffer from Babyloss and yet it is still a taboo subject that no-one wants to admit happens. October 15th and the event - International Wave of Light is your chance to stand up and say 'I remember our babies' - if everyone lights a candle at 7pm in their own time zone and leaves it burning for an hour there will be a wave of light across the world in rememberance of all of our babies gone too soon.

My candles are lit but I'm in NZ so probably one of the first of the wave af light, it's funny to think you are mostly all getting up from bed about now, I've been here 2 years and still not fully got used to it. They have been lit since 7pm and it's now 9:30, I don't really want to blow them out but will go lie in bed and watch some TV soon.

Was very emotional for us all but nice to do. Hope all of you have a special time for your wee angels xxx

My candles are lit but I'm in NZ so probably one of the first of the wave af light, it's funny to think you are mostly all getting up from bed about now, I've been here 2 years and still not fully got used to it. They have been lit since 7pm and it's now 9:30, I don't really want to blow them out but will go lie in bed and watch some TV soon.

Was very emotional for us all but nice to do. Hope all of you have a special time for your wee angels xxx

it is a lovely thought that the wave of light has started already...I will be joining in, in a few hours xxx

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I will be lighting my candle also, thanks for the reminder..My heart goes out to you all//
XOXOXOOXOX ooooo XOOXOXOXXO :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm so sorry, I started a thread in miscarriage support for pics of candles.
https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarr...post-pics-your-candles-here.html#post13402416

I thought it would look lovely to have all candles and messages to angels in one place.

Thanks xxxx i will be lighting a candle at 7pm too..

the song i'm sure u all know, i would like to post also as a tribute to my charlie :kiss: and all the other beautiful angel babies :kiss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_U0ctrJDo

and my other charlie reminder song...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbN0g8-zbdY

and another...i could prob fill the hour of candle light with songs..would be a nice idea.... although would cry continuously..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

Good Morning Ladies :flower:

It is only 9am here, I too, will be lighting my candle at 7pm... Cool to think the wave has already began and will continue this much longer:hugs:

I thought I'd share "My Emma remembering song"... :winkwink:

(Or at least try too, everytime I try to post a pic or video, I never rememeber how and just start clicking and pray for the best LOL)

You girls have a blessed day and I will be thinking of you all and your lil ones:hugs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2CnUtVY35o

Xoxo!!!

WaveoflightforOctober15th.gif

Trying to upload a graphic that I just found ... Wanted to share with all, I also posted onto my facebook account .... Spreadin' the word:flower:

I've not logged on for ages but had a sudden urge to today.

I wasn't aware that October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day so I'm really glad that I've seen this thread. I would have been gutted if I'd logged on tomorrow and realised I'd missed it. It's 5:45pm in the UK now and I've had a little panic that I haven't got a candle but I've just remembered there is one sat in a vase next to Max's photo so I'll be joining in the wave of light at 7pm to remember all our little angels. x

PS I posted this as my facebook status:

So far this October we have heard about Breast Cancer Awareness week and Chocolate week! I wonder how many of you realise that October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Rememberance Day, I will bet on not a lot of you! 17 babies die everyday in the UK from stillbirth, neonatal death and SIDS. Thats 255 babies this month alone so far. And thats stats only for the UK and does not include miscarriage statistics. An estimated 1 in 4 women will suffer from Babyloss and yet it is still a taboo subject that no-one wants to admit happens. October 15th and the event - International Wave of Light is your chance to stand up and say 'I remember our babies' - if everyone lights a candle at 7pm in their own time zone and leaves it burning for an hour there will be a wave of light across the world in rememberance of all of our babies gone too soon.

Collie hope you don't mind that I have copied this to my facebook status too. x

I've got my shirt on that is for October 15th and I've also got two candles here with me at work. One for me and one for my friend who has also lost a baby. We will be lighting them at 7... I hope this day isn't too hard for anyone. I've already started feeling a bit emotional for some reason. :hugs:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I lit these candles for my angels, Eve and Megan, and for all of the other angels out there, whose mummy's have helped me on this journey.
love to you all xxx

For all of our babies and also for all of the babies lost but not mentioned in the world:cry:

candle.jpg

Of course I dont mind hun :hugs: And I'm glad you got to take part in the Wave of Light for Max.

Its nearly 9pm here now and I think I will keep my candle burning until I go to sleep tonight. For some reason I cant bare to blow it out.

I hope everyone is OK tonight :hugs:

Forgive me for the amount of pics I am about to post. I got a bit carried away. I have a bit of a passion for photography (although I'm not very good!) and couldnt put the camera down!

My little mementos of Emily - her little hat from Calvins Hats, her name in the sand pic, willow tree ornament of a female figure cradling a newborn, Emilys little teddy - she has an identical one with her in her forever bed and my memorial candle.
DSC_0353.JPG

And again but with 17 tealight candles added in rememberance of the 17 babies that die everyday in the UK through stillbirth, neonatal death and SIDs.
DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0363.JPG

DSC_0366.JPG

DSC_0373.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

The candle says -
Baby Loss Awareness
15th October
Joining in the Wave of Light
I light this candle in memory of
Emily McDonald
24th July 2011

DSC_0376.JPG

Love you Angels, Hope you are all taking care of each other :kiss:

Oh WOW!!!! :winkwink:

Thank you SO much for sharing your pictures!! You did an amazing job!!!

I have 2 more hours to go til' I light my candle for our babies ...

I did just get back from the cemetery, I wanted to send some balloons and leave some fall decorations ...&#9829;

1.jpg

Poopy! Sorry it's sideways..... I'll remember to flip the rest of my pics later ... LOL

All the pictures are so beautiful. :hugs: I've got about an hour and a half until 7 here. I'm actually looking forward to it.

https://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy124/baby_maybe_825/waveoflight.jpg

Our candles are lit... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"