Today!

Not mothers day over here hun lol that was in march.

How come different countries have different days? lol
In England it was a while ago x

You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought I'd forgotten Mothers Day! :rofl:

I cant believe how much difference there is in the date!! When is Father's day in America?

Really hoping that by the next time mother's day is here, I will be a mum-to-be :) xx

Had to think if i'd forgotten then! lol Its coming up to Fathers Day over here in UK lol x

HAHAHA, sorry ladies!! (I had a heart attack when you all came on with your Mother's Day messages too! :rofl:)

In the USA we celebrate Mother's Day on the 2nd Sunday in May and Father's Day on the 3rd Sunday of June. I hate holidays like that. I like concrete dates like July 4th is ALWAYS Independence Day and Christmas is ALWAYS Dec 25th, you know?

It is also like ascension or easter or pfingsten, all these christian holidays which are derived at how the moon has been standing at a particular time of year xD , So this year that is pretty late .

In Germany and Southafrica it is also in the second sunday of May btw.
Mothers day was invented by a woman who thougght there should be a special day for all mothers (d'uh) , It was on the sunday after the day the second year that her mother died. father day in Germany is the same day as the ascension day is.(40 days after easter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->