toddler bed at 1.5 years?

dacosta

Reaction score
i'm pregnant again and due in september, so ideall i want to move my lo to a toddler bed at least one month before baby two's due date. has anyone moved their lo's over so early and how did it go?

she's currently all over her cot at night and in grobags - so we'll need to introduce a quilt at some point as she can't have grobags in the bed in case she falls out.

looking for some advice really....

morgan went into a toddler bed at a year old because she kept climbing out her cot so for her her own safety she also got a quilt first night in her toddler bed
i didnt have any problems with her moving from cot to bed

wow thats great - maybe my lo will surprise me and be fine. did your lo move around the cot a lot during the night? how did they cope in the toddler bed - did they fall out at all?

i've just been looking at foam bumpers that go under the sheets; wondering if i should get one of them.

My LO is 17 months and has gone from our bed to a toddler bed no fuss the last few days

My Lo went in at 12 months, same reason so he was used to it before baby came. We had no problems, got him a Thomas bed and he loved it. He is the biggest fidget, he fell out quite a bit to start with... we just put duvet on the floor either side and quite often he'd fall n.not even wake. It's such a short distance. They soon learn there boundaries and he ends up in all sorta of positions but never falls out.

The strangest place I found him was under the bed, I thought I'd lost him... if I hadn't have been.able to hear him I'd have panicked. Lol

Good luck:)

Earl went into a Toddler bed last night and while he did fall out once, he slept in until 6.30 and didn't get out once.

He's just gone to bed and so far so good too! :thumbup:

Ffion went into a toddler bed at 18 months. I've done the same as you want to do, moved her 2 months before baby's due.

For the first week i had to lie with her until she fell asleep and to be honest it was quite hard because after an hour of lying with her or sitting by the side of her bed she'd wake up when i walked out of the room and follow me out lol.

On the 8th night though i read her a story as normal, kissed her goodnight and walked out of her bedroom. She climbed out of bed and followed me out, cried for a little bit but then closed her door went back into her bed and didn't come out until the following morning! Its the first night she's slept through! I was just about ready to give up and put her cot back and attempt her in a toddler bed again when her sister was ready to move into a cot. She sleeps through every night now, she'd always wake up about 4 times a night in a cot. I think she likes her independance to be honest.

Lucas has just gone into a toddler bed last night, it went well apart from his cough waking him up :dohh:
I have, however, kept him in his grow bag, he quite easily crawls and walks in it so if he falls out he will be fine, we had no bumps last night though :thumbup:

thanks for posting this...i am in same situation and gonna spend some time next week when I'm on annual leave sorting her room so its free of junk then i'm gonna transition her into her toddler bed :thumbup: feeling reassured by other peoples experiences!

We really need to think about moving Noah into his own bed. We might wait until the Feb half term though as then if he keeps waking up in the night at least I don't have to go to work!!
Off topic though, how similar are we? Our little ones are close in age and I am giving birth to baby number 2 in September as well!

We really need to think about moving Noah into his own bed. We might wait until the Feb half term though as then if he keeps waking up in the night at least I don't have to go to work!!
Off topic though, how similar are we? Our little ones are close in age and I am giving birth to baby number 2 in September as well!

hehe we must be suckers for punishment ;) :dance:

morgan has fallen out once or twice but never woken up we just found her on the floor :haha: she was such a fidget in her cot but i think she's learnt how far she can roll

Me too! I'll be watching this thread x great info x

Lyla went into a toddler bed at 18 months, we have a lindum bed guard which goes along about 80% of the bed, so she cant fall out but is still a bed IYKWIM?

Fab thread! I'll be putting Bella into her bed within the next month or so as she's a fidgit and wakes up when she bangs into her cot sides. Very encouraging to hear people have done it so young successfully!

We are thinking of putting Mckenzie in a bed around july/aug when he will be 22/23months old unless he starts climbing out of his cot. But he moves around so much, he has sleeping bags at mo but will be getting him a pillow soon as he loves ours in our bed. Worried that he will not like it as hates sleeping anywhere else than his cot and pushchair. But hopefully he will change by then

We're thinking of moving Ethan into his bed at about 18mo - I'm mostly worried about what happens when he wakes in the morning!!! Do your LOs bang the wardrobe doors and wake up early playing with toys etc or do you just clear the room of everything!?

James went into a toddler bed at 12 months, he did amazing!

I moved Chloe and Jaycee last night into proper beds. I didnt do it before because I didnt think they needed to. I was in and out for an hour and then they woke at 2am and took a whole hour and a half to get them back off again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->