Toddler is constantly beating up my belly

LadyLovenox

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I currently am 22 weeks pregnant and also have a 20 month old. He is SO rough on my belly, without meaning to be, of course. I'll be reading books to him, and suddenly he's digging his elbow into my belly, to push himself up off the couch. I'll be rocking him to sleep and he flips over and knees me hard in the belly. It happens so quick, and is impossible to prevent, as we are very snuggly and hands on, and I love it that way. I just worry about baby #2 getting too beat up in there! Anyone else??

Yes! My 22 month old is pretty rough without meaning it, he just can't sit still, I feel like I constantly have a hand over my belly protecting it! Not sure what else I can do, he knows to be gentle and is always kissing and rubbing my belly, so it's just those moments that he gets excited that happen too quickly!

Yes, I also have a crazy toddler here haha. He is 22 months and has no concept of a baby being in my belly and that he needs to be careful.
Don't worry, baby is nice and safe in there :)

Oh, yes. All of my kids are extremely close in age, and my belly takes a lot of abuse each pregnancy. Luckily, our bodies are made to protect our fetuses from their big siblings. It will be just fine. :) I just remind my little ones that they need to be gentle with me right now. My five-year-old is extremely rough, and he often forgets that he has to be gentle with my belly. You will also get faster reflexes as your belly grows and your level of protection for your fetus grows along with it.

Same here 23 about to be 24 month olds love to rub belly and say hi to sister but otherwise they slam there head onto my belly playing around or they kick it really hard and are just rough, it freaks me out. I keep telling myself it's fine but it still bugs me.

No suggestions but my gyn was never worried about my 45 lb dog being around my belly or me. They are quite well cushioned in there :). But if he uses your belly as a support system, maybe toss a pillow there instead. I know it's not the same cuddlyness but it might ease your mind a bit.

My LO is 15 months nearly and is the same. Forever jumping about me. She's too young to understand and I've relaxed a bit since baby is so well protected in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->