toddler lining up toys.. normal?

My DD loves to line things up. Cuddly toys, bricks, cars, stickers, crayons. I think it's quite normal. She uses them in the normal way too, but sometimes she's in a rowing up mood :)

Could I ask how your son is? I am seeing some of the same things so wondering how it turned out?
I know I worry too much sometimes (as do we all!) but ever since our nephew was diagnosed with autism last year I keep reading way too much into things and get worried about my son.

He's 22 months old and has recently started lining things up. He does it mostly with his blocks and he loves doing it with all his cars. He lines them up behind each other and the pushes the last car so they all move if that makes sense. He'll also line them up next to each other.

He doesnt do it in any particular order and doesnt get upset if it gets moved or anything.. but they always say its a red flag for autism, but the logical side of me just says its him developing normal.

Is it something many toddlers do?

His speech is also delayed.. he has about 20-30 words however doesnt use them super often. He is really good at copying what we say though and can point to a lot of things we ask. He was referred at 18months to a speech therapist but that wont happen for a while yet. I know he's behind but it doesnt worry to much at this stage to be honest.

I know I'm being super paranoid but just wanting to know if anyone elses little one does the lining things up? I find that theres so many things connected with autism these days that sometimes its hard to know whats normal and whats not :shrug:
I know I worry too much sometimes (as do we all!) but ever since our nephew was diagnosed with autism last year I keep reading way too much into things and get worried about my son.

He's 22 months old and has recently started lining things up. He does it mostly with his blocks and he loves doing it with all his cars. He lines them up behind each other and the pushes the last car so they all move if that makes sense. He'll also line them up next to each other.

He doesnt do it in any particular order and doesnt get upset if it gets moved or anything.. but they always say its a red flag for autism, but the logical side of me just says its him developing normal.

His speech is also delayed.. he has about 20-30 words however doesnt use them super often. He is really good at copying what we say though and can point to a lot of things we ask. He was referred at 18months to a speech therapist but that wont happen for a while yet. I know he's behind but it doesnt worry to much at this stage to be honest.

I know I'm being super paranoid but just wanting to know if anyone elses little one does the lining things up? I find that theres so many things connected with autism these days that sometimes its hard to know whats normal and whats not :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->