Toddler & MS

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I'm back here almost two years to the day! We were waiting to try for #2, but I guess we got a little ahead of ourselves!

I was very ill with my first during weeks 6 - 14. Any advice for dealing with a toddler and MS at the same time??

Great question. I don't have a solution but will be keeping any eye out for what other people say. I'm in the same boat, my son will be 2 in December and I'm just getting to that nauseous phase now. I don't know how I'll handle being couch bound and making toilet runs to throw up while taking care of him lol.

Hi I have hyperemesis for a 3rd time and have 2 other children to look after age 2 and 3. It's very hard at times and I feel very guilty for not giving them the attention they need. I'm very lucky and have lots if support from family and friends.

All I can say is make sure you have a good support system.

There the ones keeping me going tho :)

I'm so guilty of lots of TV and electronics. Plus lots of little crafts she can keep herself doig

Let them make as much mess as they want as long as they're occupied :rofl:

I used to get the play doh out a lot, paints, crayons, I let her play games a lot on the iPad too. I never really felt well enough to get outside and head to the park or anything and I felt so guilty for it, but you just have to do what you can. Lots of cuddles on the sofa with a DVD is good too.

I've got a 3 year old and a 9 month old but I work part time so I'm only with them 4 days out of 7 (my oh works 5 days during the week and my the time he's travelled home most of Saturday and Sunday too). I have to say I find it easier if i manage to get out even if I feel like total rubbish and then the time at home goes much quicker. My toddler doesn't get to do as much fun art and craft stuff like he used to but will still occupy himself with his toys and the tv too. And not that they were dirty children before -of course! - but they have a lot more baths now as then at least they are contained in one small space. I find after tea time the worst as I'm usually dead on my feet and neither of mine go to bed particularly early and my oh isn't in until 8 ish

I have literally relinquished duties to my husband...i have severe morning sickness and have missed work many times due to the severity of it.

I try my best to help, but I just can't do anything...it has been a major source of sadness for me, I have burst into tears numerous times because I feel so useless and bad about putting all the weight on my husband's shoulders.

He is happy to do it and is really helping me with our toddler...he pretty much has taken over everything in regards to house work, our daughter and cooking (and tending to me). He is truly the best husband and I am so thankful for him right now. My toddler often will climb into bed with me to snuggle and watch her cartoons, it is the only quality time we get together before she goes to bed.

It is REALLY hard though...way harder with my 2nd pregnancy...with my first I didn't need to worry about anything and my husband is totally ok taking care of himself if he needed to.

My dd will be 2 in a couple of weeks and I am 9+5 weeks pregnant. I have had ms and fatigue since just before 5 weeks, i am at the tail end of it now, so things are getting easier but I still get tired and very irritable too, which makes me feel really guilty!

For me, I really made the effort to get out every morning to something! Anything, just out of the house. Then if your LO is still napping, nap with them, that really helped me. Then in the afternoon I am usually exhausted so I was and still am guilty of tv and DVDs, lying on the couch. My LO loves me to play with her ans only plays alone for a short time, but she would snuggle up with me on the sofa and get books to read, bring me a drawing pad and pen to draw for her and bring her duplo next to me. So not quite doing nothing, but it was neve chasing her around and she adapted so well to her new exhausted mum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->