Toddler Shoes-Help!

littletobyj

Reaction score
I need some help, I am not very clued up on the toddler shoe thing. Toby has just started walking-does he now need to get proper shoes? A friend told me that she spends a fortune on shoes that they are only in for a few months-is this right? Where will I go to get him measured and how often will I need to get him measured-will I know? Sorry if this all sounds stupid but someone said that its important to do with the growth of their feet etc..

Clarks. They are really good, they measure correctly so they are properly fitted. The range is called Doodles.

V xxxx

I want to know too. I don't know if they should be hard or soft soled or anything. i have some soft soled ones and they are called prewalkers?

We take Tom to mothercare, his first pair was £60ish quid and about the same for his 2nd pair.

It's been shown that soft soled shoes for babies/toddlers are best because they allow their feet to develop without "molding" them to fit a certain shoe but they also protect their feet while outside. I would go for soft soled, I have many friends that won't buy hard soled until their kids are atleast 2-3. Hayden only wore soft until about 15-16mo, then we got him some good hard ones, but now at 2 1/2 he has some of both that fit him, he def prefers his soft ones

Do soft ones have to be measured? cos the only ones I know have 6-12 months written on them or such. And they are called pre walkers, I looked at walkers in mothercare and they were really hard and chunky the soles, I didn't like them at all. I thought they would trip him up. And if they measure feet like they do bra sizes they can take a leap because the bra fitting was awful there.

sorry for the thread hijack :blush:

Depends....here we have prewalkers too but they are thicker soles so not sure if it's the same. Some good brands are these though

https://robeez.com/
https://bobux.com/

My personal favorite and cheaper than those
https://www.shoeszoo.com/servlet/StoreFront

These types of soft soled you just have to measure their foot with a ruler to get their range.

when maddi started cruising she had soft soled cruisers, from clarks. i take her to be measured every 4-6weeks at clarks now x

ds is walking alot more now and im going to get him some proper shoes after christmas but while he was just cruzing we didnt really let him walk outside only inside so he was barefoot and he had soft moccasins for when we went out as they allowed his feet to develop normally but im going to get him some proper shoes now esp as its winter as well, seriously though i got him measured when he was 10months and was confindantly walking round furniture and hes gone up at least 3 sizes since then and im not rich enough to spend 90pounds plus on shoes for a child thats not even 2 years old,

i would definatly get measured at clarks if you are unsure about how to make sure they fit properly, they will explain it all to you. also startrite do length and width fittings too and their website has some really useful imnformation on how to fit / check fitting on toddler shoes too.

i have had my lo measured at clarks a few times but havnt yet brought any shoes from their , he was wearing soft soled until about 14 months then had adjustable sandals for the summer. i intended on buying clarks shoes for him this time but i actually find their boys shoes really ugly for the most part. anyway i ended up buying him normal trainers as i am confident they fit properly and seem much more comfortable than the clarks shoes anyway. i stil ended up spending about £20 on them ( clarks ones are generally about 25 - 28 ( and they say have 2-3 months growing room in them - depends on growth of course) but i am much happier with them.

anyway my point was yes i would go to clarks for the first shoes / fitting atleast until you are comfortable with the idea of fitting yourself ( make sure the staff mamber seems competant as a couple of times i have had some 17 year old girl who really didnt seem to know what she was doing and gave a size that i knew was too small ) the only difference between clarks and startrite and other toddler shoe places who measure is that most other dont measure width too ( which can be useful especially if your lo has narrow / wide feet

I'm from the US where there's Preschoolians. After Robeez, (you can get it instead of; it serves the same purpose) I got her shoes from preschoolians.

Just google preschoolians.

They're very flexible and soft, but yet they have shoes made for outdoor & indoor use.

The site is very informative and the customer service was excellent. I believe they ship worldwide. Also, they tell you exactly how to measure your child's foot (on the site).

An interesting advantage they have is that the insert comes out and the toe part of the sole is clear, so I can see when the shoe becomes too small.

Good Luck!:flower::

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->