Toddler suddenly interested in breasts.

lemongrass

Reaction score
My 21 month old son has been really interested in my breasts for the last month or so. He weaned at 15 months and stopped wanting to put his hand down my shirt months ago but all of a sudden wants to feel them all the time. It doesn't bother me too much except I have to redirect him away from my nipples a lot. I worry that he's going to get jealous of the baby nursing or that I'll be sore from breastfeeding and he'll still want to touch them. Any second time moms been through this?

My little girl has just started the same, she self weaned at 9months and now she goes crazy sometimes trying to get to my boobs. I'm hoping she doesn't get jealous of the baby when I start breastfeeding this one.

Sorry not much help here.

My 20 month old is the same way lol i dont know why they're so interesting all of a sudden.
I stopped nursing her at 12 months. Im wondering if she remembers nursing??
Im also concerned with how she'll react when i nurse baby.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see :)

I'm a ftm so my words are by no means from experience. However I've seen many toddlers that weren't even breast fed go through a "grab the boob" phase. Maybe it's more of a boundary testing thing than the desire to nurse? Although I'm always surprised by the things little ones remember.

My friend's 18 month yo started grabbing at my boobs recently. My friend thinks it's to do with being pregnant. We had a quick Google and some pages suggest very young kids can 'sense' the milk and get a sort of automatic reaction to it. Don't know how much truth is in that but quite interesting.

my 3yo has started that.. he says mummy has 3 tummies I. e bump and boobs, sticks his hands down my bra, keeps asking what they are, I just hope he doesn't do something like that in front of my inlaws lol

My guess is that they can smell the milk and it's a primal reaction to want to be near it. Especially if they've been breastfed, even if they don't remember the smell probably is comforting to them. I don't know how I'll handle two of them hanging off me though!

I have also been told that toddlers can smell the milk. Dd was fed via expressing so is not showing ny particular interest in my boobs but she doesn't know that's where it came from but it is very common from what I have told.

My daughter self weaned at 19 months and she went through the grabbing boob phase and wanting to cuddle a lot near the end but when brother got her she wasn't jealous of the nursing.. more of the mommy holding him and not me. So I would make her a participant by asking her to bring me his nursing pillow or a burp rag. Then she would start bringing her doll and nursed her dolly beside me. I also let her touch him while I nursed which made her day. Only dealt with this for a week or two then she was unfazed.

My 3.5 year old son stopped bf'ing at 3 weeks and he's been more interested in my boobs too. He used the nipples as handles to swing his full body weight on a few months ago while I was getting dressed (I almost died). He knows to be more careful with those now, but when he's in bed and I'm laying down in his bed to tuck him in, he likes to push my cleavage around. I though it's because I normally don't have cleavage lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->