toddlers and tiaras

smelly07

Mummy of 2 girls & wifey
Reaction score
I thought i would start this thread in the debates section just incase....

https://www.gossipcop.com/toddlers-...butt-padding-little-girl-maddy-pageant-video/

what is your opinion?

i cant believe this even goes on :wacko: i am actually lost for words.

Im not a fan of childrens beauty pagents anyway but this is just wrong :nope:

How many times have people gone on about the sexualisation of children and here is one of the worst wxamples ive ever seen. Couldnt she have done it without the padding im sure it would have been just as cute

:sick: I hate this show. Whatever happened to beauty is within? What kind of message is this sending to young girls? :nope:

Did you see the one where a little girl (I think 3-4 yrs old) was dressed up as Pretty Woman. In the beginning. Here's a picture:

Attachments

• paisley-dickey-julia-roberts.jpg
    paisley-dickey-julia-roberts.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 9
So far across the line, I don't even know where to start.
There is nothing cute about this.
There is nothing remotely artistic about this.
So the pageant culture is about what exactly?
Just groping for reasons that any sane mother would dress her very young child up as a hooker and parade her around on a stage? Oh, let me guess, "it's good for her poise and self-confidence." Yeah, last time I checked, the 4-6-year olds needed boobs and streetwalker wear to feel good about themselves.
Beyond f****d up.
Those parents should be deeply ashamed of themselves.

Yeah, and that's the little girl that won the highest title (the one dressed as a hooker).

I'm sure she'll turn out just fine. No worries about her mixing up hyper-sexualization with regular self-esteem or self-worth or anything like that. :dohh:
Hope Mother Dearest didn't spend all the therapy money on pageant fees....

I can't believe how far parents will go. From the make up, to the fake teeth to hide their "gap", to the padding now..... it's just sad. And these children are for the most part spoiled little brats.

I will say though, i did enter my daughter in a pageant when she was 1 year old. HOWEVER, there was no makeup allowed, only regular clothes you would buy in the store (1 play outfit, 1 dress - Easter themed), no glitz, nothing. It was more of a cute baby contest I guess you would say. And she did win! :) And we still have the crown and sashes for her to look back on, but I would NEVER allow her in a pageant like the one on t.v. It's just sad and sick.

Did you see the one where a little girl (I think 3-4 yrs old) was dressed up as Pretty Woman. In the beginning. Here's a picture:

Okay, she's a little girl and I'm going to get roasted alive for writing this, but I can't stop wondering...
um, what was her talent supposed to be then? :rofl:

Oh boy.
I'm going to hell for that one. :blush:

I can't believe how far parents will go. From the make up, to the fake teeth to hide their "gap", to the padding now..... it's just sad. And these children are for the most part spoiled little brats.

I will say though, i did enter my daughter in a pageant when she was 1 year old. HOWEVER, there was no makeup allowed, only regular clothes you would buy in the store (1 play outfit, 1 dress - Easter themed), no glitz, nothing. It was more of a cute baby contest I guess you would say. And she did win! :) And we still have the crown and sashes for her to look back on, but I would NEVER allow her in a pageant like the one on t.v. It's just sad and sick.

Worlds apart.
That's age-appropriate.
Dressing your toddler as a sex worker (and displaying her in public dressed as this) is not.
It defies belief that anyone would think that was somehow okay. :shrug:

I agree, totally crossed the line. And if the poor little girl ever decides to watch Pretty Woman when she's older, she's going to look back and ask why her mom dressed her as a hooker!

I just dont get it at all........why??? whats the whole point? i would never do this with my daughters, personally i think it sends the wrong message to all females and males out there ......boys growing up watching little girls dressed up wearing fake boobs and bum padding.........its just crazy............no wonder the world is going mad!

I can't bring myself to watch this show. :(

With having a little girl I just can't imagine trying to place emphasis on how she looks and "acts" rather than who she is as a person. I know everyone always gripes about how stubborn and willful toddlers can be ("terrible twos") but if anyone's toddler is like mine she is ecstatic when she knows she's done something to make me happy.

Doesn't matter what it is. Pee on the potty, finished her dinner, didn't fight me on a diaper change... if she knows I'm happy she beams. Makes me just heartsick to think that these little girls are going through all that just to make their moms happy.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't know at that age who's dream it actually is. The child's or the parent's. :shrug:

Thats just WRONG!!!:wacko::wacko: i only caught a glimpse of the programme when flicking through channels and i just was gobsmacked, then in one of my magazines read the story of the llittle girl wearing fake boobs and bum padding!! just mad

With having a little girl I just can't imagine trying to place emphasis on how she looks and "acts" rather than who she is as a person. I know everyone always gripes about how stubborn and willful toddlers can be ("terrible twos") but if anyone's toddler is like mine she is ecstatic when she knows she's done something to make me happy.

Doesn't matter what it is. Pee on the potty, finished her dinner, didn't fight me on a diaper change... if she knows I'm happy she beams. Makes me just heartsick to think that these little girls are going through all that just to make their moms happy.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't know at that age who's dream it actually is. The child's or the parent's. :shrug:

o/t
OMG TIFF!!!!!! how was your wedding?? when i just read your post, i was thinking ummm Tiff that sounds familiar......then it just clicked!!!!!!!

I've had my daughter in a mini pageant put on by the village we used to live in, it was just for fun, no one had costumes or makeup on or anything.. it was adorable to see the kids smile and wave or blow kisses, the whole toddlers and tiaras thing? It's disgusting!

o/t
OMG TIFF!!!!!! how was your wedding?? when i just read your post, i was thinking ummm Tiff that sounds familiar......then it just clicked!!!!!!!

It was stressful! :haha:

I updated my journal with the details. :)

At this age it must be the parents that little girl isnt even old enough to watch pretty woman, let alone understand what she does and choose to dress up like her :coffee:

If it was her choice shed probaly pick upsy daisy or someone from chldren tv lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->