toddlers and tiaras

I think its really bad for the child, they say it helps their self esteem, and its their choice but they are so young, how could they choose to dress like that?
When I was young I was always told I didn't need makeup and that beauty came from within, so its really damaging to the child if anything, making them believe they need to alter their bodies to look 'beautiful'.

I really don't like pageants, I personally hate the "it gives them confidence and makes them feel good" argument, why should they be encouraged to look like that to gain confidence? confidence doesn't come from resembling a mini glamour model or parading yourself in front of people, they should be taught confidence comes from within not by resembling an orange.

^^ :rofl:

I dont see how they can say hit helps them gain confidence surely it takes it away by telling them they all have to look like the girl who wins to be pretty. I'd love to know how they explain to their daughter why they didnt win 'oh sorry your not pretty enough' yeah thats a real confidence booster :shrug:

Why cant they teach their child that they are pretty enough as they are rather then when their covered in makeup

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->