Tofu...can someone explain the difference please?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I bought some tofu from sainsburys for my LO...the idea was to give him banana and tofu...however when i checked in the cook book it said soft piences of tofu...when i checked the tofu i bought it said marinated tofu...i guess iv got the wrong one?!

Has anyone tried banana and tofu? I think it is a really weird conbination xx

Is the tofu you got in little soft squares, ready to eat, or was the marinated tofu you got one big block with water in it? x

Its small little pieces...but it doesn't say anything about eating it as it is...it says for best results stir fry?...can you still eat it as it is? xx

Tofu has 3 basic forms soft and firm and western... which has to do with how much moisture is in the tofu.

Soft has the consistency of custard (lots of moisture), and firm has a consistency of raw meat, western is like cooked meat - and quite rubbery (little moisture).

I would probably avoid anything that is 'marinated' or preflavored for cooking as there is likely a lot of sodium in it.

I would also do your research on the isoflavones in tofu and other soy products which mimic human estrogen. I have read some studies on precocious puberty and other growth issues for kids that have loads of soy products in their diet.
:hug:

I heard that tofu was not good for LO's until there older ?

are u giving ur lo tofu bcoz they are on a veggie diet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->