Toilet trained 4yo wetting pants on purpose

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
I hope someone can help me before I scream

My 4 year old son who has been toilet trained and dry during the day for the past year has, over the past 3 weeks, wet his pants every day, twice a day. It is driving me insane. Nothing has really changed in his life, and he has a structured routine throughout the week - nursery in the mornings, home in the afternoons, lots of activities over the weekend and time spent with friends / family.

Here's what I have tried (individually):

• Reward / star charts - he got one star all week :-\
  • Naughty step
  • Taking toys away
  • Being sent to bed early without a story
  • No tv
  • Not being able to play out with friends

NOTHING WORKS. I have tried talking to him about it - when I asked him why he's wet his pants, he just shrugs his shoulders. He's even told me that he "couldn't be bothered to go to the toilet". I've explained that it makes me sad / cross, but he just doesn't seem to care. In fact, when I speak to him and ask him to repeat what i've just said, 9 times out of 10 he can't, because he's not even been listening. He's quite happy sitting in wet pants, so leaving him doesn't bother him. I make him change himself each time it happens.

I am getting so fed up with it and am at a loss as to what to do next. I know it's not a medical problem because he's been dry for the past year. Hoping someone can offer some advice.

Sorry just read at the end you know it's not a medical problem

Have you took him to the gp to rule out any wee infection?
Is he drinking way more because of the really hot weather? my 3.5 year old is chugging water all day and not going a lot then suddenly rushing to get there on time sort of last minute a mix of not wanting to stop playing outside/wee bladder full up etc.
:hugs: Could he be sort of continuing to do it because he's getting a reaction if that makes sense? Like maybe try a few days of have you had an accident right ok away upstairs and go get changed and don't react other than that to see if he stops it?

I was going to suggest uti or drinking more because of the heat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->