Tolly Amelia

Anja

Reaction score
After 4 days of early labour I had an appointment with my midwife on 11th December (one week overedue). She confirmed I was in early labour and after measuring me she decided I had to go straight to the hospital as she thought my fluid levels were very low as I was only measuring 32 weeks. She gave me a sweep, told me I was 3 cm dilated, rang the hospital to arrange an emergancy scan and sent me on my way.

The hospital is about 20 miles away. When we got there we were told that we couldnt have a scan as they had finshed for the day and that they would moniter the baby. I explained that the scan was the reason we had been told to go to the hospital and the midwife went off to see what she could do. In the mean time she put me on the monitor. I had two contractions while i was wired up but she told me that they werent contractions as they werent registering. This made me pretty confused as they were the same as I had been having for the last 4 days and thought that maybe the midwife and myself had got it wrong and I wasnt in labour at all.

I went for my scan which the midwife manageed to arranged for me and the sonographer confirmed that my fluid levels were very low and that Tolly's weight was tailing off and thought that they would keep me in and induce me. She wrote her notes and sent me back to the ward where I was told to go home as fluid levels and growth were fine!!!!! Talk about confusing! I explained what the sonographer had told us but sure enough she had written that fluid and growth were fine. I left the hospital pretty angry and frustrated to say the least!

As soon as we got in the car to go home I had what I would have described as another contraction but having just been told that my idea of contractions and the hospitals were totally different, I ignored it. By the time we had gone the 20 miles home the 'contractions' were coming every 1-2 minutes, increasing in intensity with each one and I was in alot of pain, trying to breath through them

When I was in labour with my older daughter the contractions had a definite pull down which i wasnt getting this time and then started to panic that something was wrong. I rang the labour ward and explained that I wasnt getting the drag but i was getting very bad pains every one to two minutes.....she told me to get in the car and go straight back and told me that every labour was different.

By the time we got back to the hospital I was needing to push and there was no real break between each contraction. I got to the delivery ward, gave some personal details and with that I knew she was coming. They didnt even check to see if I was fully dilated, they could just tell by the speed of contractions and told me to follow by body. 1/2 a dozen pushes and and a bit of panting and she was out! No tears or cuts!!!

Tolly Amelia was born 10.04 pm on Thursday 11th december and weighed 6 pounds. She has had a few problems feeding so we had to stay in hospital a couple of days but now we are home, settled and blissfully happy. She weighed 5lbs 10 yesterday, so is doing well She sleeps all the time except when she is feeding so I have had plenty of opportuinity to rest and catch up on some sleep so am feeling wonderful and elated!

Attachments

• DSC00982.jpg
    DSC00982.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00986.jpg
    DSC00986.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00974.jpg
    DSC00974.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC00987.jpg
    DSC00987.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 71
beautiful piccys. sounds like u only just made it back to the hospital congrats hun x

congratulations hun, she is beautiful

Lou
xxx

Hurray to us for the easy births!! She is gorgeous....loving the name now....thought it was strange when you first said it ages ago but i really like it now!! She is so cute!! Well done!

Your little girl is beautiful hun! Well done xx

Congratulations!
Lovely pics!! xx

Congratulations! Sounds like you only just made it back to hospital in time!

I can't believe they sent you home when they did?! Sounds you only just made it back!

ANyway - massive Congratulations to you and family! Your little princess is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! :happydance: Bet you're on :cloud9: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->