Tom update *urodynamics test results* :(

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Tom had a hospital appointment today for his urodynamics test.

His spina bidifda means he is highly likely to have damage to the nerves to his legs, bowels, bladder and sexual function. Today he had the tests to his bowels and bladder.

His bladder and bowels are both too weak to void properly - meaning his bladder doesnt empty and he is at risk of kidney damage/failure. To stop this I have to catheterise him every 4 hours. He can't pass poop if it isnt liquid either so I have to give him daily supositories:( It is highly likely that he will also have to be on a special diet to help keep his poop soft:( Here come the prunes!

In the long term, it really isnt clear whether anything can be done to fix these problems - but it is entirely possible!

re his hernia - he has been put on the waiting list for surgery:(

*hugs*
Stay strong Em, an you too little Tommy! (You have an amazing mummy there Tom)
xxx

Big :hugs::hug::hugs: for you and baby Tom. He is lucky to have such a strong and caring mummy to help him on his journey xXx

:hugs: you're doing wonderfully emma, tommy is gorgeous and is so lucky to have a mummy like you :hugs:

:hug: it must be a comfort that at least there is a possibility of surgery but I'm sorry that the appointment wasn't even more positive for you x

:hugs: you are an amazing mum, i dont know how uve kept it together. Tom will have the best life possible and thats thanks to his wonderful mum xxx

you are doing an amazing job Emma and I'm sure om apprecates that.

damn those hospital waiting lists!!!

keep your chin up love

h x

You've kept it together so well hun your lil man will be so proud of his Mummy and together you know you will always get through anything else that comes your way and tommy will always feel he can too because he has you.

I am sorry to see your appointment has brought you upset *hugs*

x

HUGE :hug: for both of you. Your doing a fab job mummy and Tom is a gorg little boy. xxx Thinkin of you both :hugs:

Keep your chin up hunny, you are doing great with your little man, I'm sure he'll be very proud of you! We sure as hell are :hugs:

Aww hun :hugs: You sound like a amazing strong mummy with a beautiful little miracle their...Lots of love xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->