Tomatoes

A

AppleBlossom

I'm trying to think of different things to intorduce to Grace for her lunch. When is she allowed tomatoes? I'm not sure on them because of the seeds

Caitlyn had tomatoes from 7 months. I don't think you really need to worry about foods at 11 months, just my opinion :lol: xx

Still? I'm a naughty mummy when it comes to food I think :blush:

Yeah I know. I'm going to start being naughtier I think lol

I think its fine, the only thing with tomatoes is some kids have a minor allergic reaction and get red cheeks.

So I've heard?

tbh at 11 months i dont htink there's much you ahev to avoid. they wont choke on the seeds. if it wasnt for the fact they say uncooked they can have a reaction at a young age, i'd give katie them. you could always take the seeds out?

She had some cherry tomatoes I cut in half, she seemed to enjoy them as much as she enjoy smearing the seeds into her highchair tray :dohh: she does eat most things now, just one or two things I'm still a bit wary of :blush:

stanley loves them! started giving him them last week (larger ones cut into 1/4s)

We were told closer to 10-12mo, they are very acidic and can upset their tummies. We held off until almost 12mo with Hayden but he still reacted, he couldn't have them unti la couple months ago.

Hebe's had them for a while. She got the red cheeks but no reaction or problems with her poo etc. Tomatoes are definitely not something I'd be worried about her choking on. :) I think if it's 'wet' it's usually pretty good at slipping down.

I agree with Toria - at almost 12 months there's not much to worry about at all food wise IMO.

She didn't get any red cheeks or anything and no odd nappies so hopefully she's ok!

If she didnt get the red cheeks then you're away! :D

They actually made Hayden really sick, more than the red cheeks, you will def know if she can't tolerate them. If she is fine with them then have at it :D I wish I could get mine to eat them raw

ooops i gave Maley tomatoes at 4 months!!!! Didnt know you wasnt supposed to/..... She was ok though....and her poo was fine apart from having seeds in them :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->