Tommee tippee anti colic bottles- problems??

tracy1982

Reaction score
We use the anti colic bottles and two have started leaking from the screw top (where it meets the bottle so i know its not the teat causing it!). No matter how i do them up they still leak...! So i have thrown those 2 away.....!

I am really annoyed about it!!

Any one else have this happen?
x

Yeah we had the same issue but they need replacing (were about 4 months old) I do find though you have to get them done up 'just right' so that they dont leak ... bit tempremental! :)

do you have the anti colic +? The ones with the rod down the middle? Jx

I find TT CTN leak as well, grrr and they are bloody expensive! :growlmad:

I hate the TTbottles, all of them. Made wind worse in my opinion. I swapped in the end x

Yes we have the ones with the rod down the middle. They are not old, one of them is only 1 week old. I am going to call them tomorrow to complain. Like someone said- they are expensive and i cant afford to keep replacing them every few weeks if this keeps happening.

i am scared to change as the bottles seem to help with the wind, though she is on Aptamil comfort now so it could be that.

And we have the sterialier that the bottles fit into.....

It really annoys me big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
x

Ah, we had this problem but then worked out that when you look at the wheel thing that sits in the top of the bottle, there is one thicker spoke where the hole is. Make sure this is at the top near lo's nose when feeding and also make sure the slit in the dome at the bottom of the rod is open, half of ours were stuck closed but if you rub them between your fingers the slit should open,..

Once we did both these things we've had no more leaking... maybe this will work for you? Worth a try anyway as like you say they are expensive and you have the steriliser etc.

J x

Jenfen- thanks for the advice, have noticed that some of the slits are not open so will give that a try as well as the position of the bottle!

I got a response from Tommee Tippee:
Hi Tracy - Ann

'Thank you for your e-mail regarding your bottles and sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered.

The only time we have come across these bottle leaking is when the small silicone round valve at the base of the straw has split further and rather than only allowing air to pass through, is now allowing liquid to pass through. This will cause the liquid to go up the straw and out through the screw ring at the top.

However if this is not the case, please can you confirm if the small valve is falling off at all so we may help you further.'

;-)

Hey ladies. I've noticed the leaking too, but then realised it only happens when you shake the bottle (to mix in the formula) when you do that the milk gets stuck in the filter.. so to get it out blow through the hole on the top (over a sink or something) it's the best way to get it out without making a mess.. so take out the filter when shaking the bottle. Hope this helps xxx

Simple !! only way to leaking milk is thru the vent hole. end of the rod is very soft and easily could damage if you use a brush to clean it.

examine the rod specially bottom tip u can see its damaged!!

I hated those bottles with a burning passion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->