Tommee tippee manual breastpump

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Kirstin, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Kirstin

Kirstin Well-Known Member

I got one of these yesterday and was just wondering if anyone else had one and what they thought of it? I have the tommee tippee bottles so it made sense to get this one.

How often do you express with it? I would be wanting to do maybe 5-10 bottles per week from 6 weeks so OH can feed him.

2. amslou

amslou TTC No2

i just could not use it at all and so i borrowed my sisters electric advent one and its brilliant!

3. wishingonastar

wishingonastar Well-Known Member

i have a lot of milk and a quick letdown so i find it easy to pump quickly with this one, but if you have a slow letdown i think it'd be a long process...

4. Lu28

Lu28 Aisling's mammy

I HATED it! I found it really painful and couldn't get much out at all. I now have the medela swing which is great :)

5. Grace's mum

Grace's mum Well-Known Member

I have it and find it good. I also have the medela swing, but us the TT one if I want to express and feed at the same time as I can use it one handed.

6. Kitten

Kitten Mummy to Theakston & Nyah

I have it and think it's great but I only use it when he's having the first feed of the day on the other boob and it's more a case of draining than pumping because it comes so fast so I don't know what'd it be like if you were just spontaneously pumping or had minimal or slow flow.

7. dippy dee

dippy dee Well-Known Member

I have one and think it is brill like kitten i pump with the first feed of the morning.

8. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

I like the large soft cup but it's hard going pumping with it and fiddly to put together (the handle is a nightmare clipping in place) and I have large nipples so they tend to get sucked right down to the plastic bitty. But it fits TT bottle and avent.

I also have a medela harmony, which has a smaller cup but is easier to pump and a longer bit for my nipples. It's simple to put together too, but only fits small necked bottles.

I'm actually looking to see if medela does a larger cup because the pump is far better.

9. I used it. It was ok but only to use every now and again.

I started expressing from 6 weeks and then switched to one bottle of formula a day and Meadow got nipple confusion and I couldnt turn it around. If I was you I would wait longer than 6 weeks to introduce bottles.

10. Lucy_lu_84

Lucy_lu_84 Pregnant with #2

Started at 6 weeks, and only give the odd bottle. I only express with the first feed of the day and I get around 1 -2 oz in ten mins. I like it because I can use it one handed to pump, while i feed LO at the same time

11. mrsholmes

mrsholmes Well-Known Member

ditto

12. MrsBop

MrsBop Mummy of 2

I only ever used mine once and got nothing so I bought a Medela Swing and used that (don't really use anything now) I have said I will start expressing the odd bottle so will try the manual one again just to see if it would work, may then sell the Medela to buy a Jumperoo, totally off topic there lol!

13. maybethistime

maybethistime Mummy 2 Aaliyah

I started at 4 weeks and Have the tt one and its great for occational use but iv just ordered an electric one