• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tommee tippee or avent?

Mrs G

Lily and Tommy's mummy
Reaction score
Hi
Am not planning on bf and looking to get new bottles. With dd I used Tommee tippee and still have the steriliser and insulated bags. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on whether Tommee tippee or avent bottles are best these days!
Thanks.
Xx

I used MAM bottles or Avent as DS didn't like the teets on Tommee Tippee ones :shrug: I did breastfeed but when I went back to work at 3 months he was then bottlefed breastmilk

I plan on doing that again this time around :thumbup:

My little guy refused any bottle ( he was breastfed) and wouldn't take a bottle unless it was a tommee tippee bottle, I had a lot of problems with the avent bottles leaking under the cap (but they were the wide nipples so idk if that makes a difference)

I've got what can only be described as a collection of bottles, some tommee tippee but then also agent, MAM and Dr brown as well just 2 of each even tho I'm bf to be on the safe side.

Hi MrsG:wave: we decided on a tommee tippee sterilizer and a new brand of bottles that are light but no plastic: Pura Kiki (see link). They have different kinds of nipples that attach depending on your baby's needs, then they convert to a toddler sippee cup and snack top, and then straw for older kids. Not as heavy as glass, no plastic and convert so they last longer. ebay has them a little less expensive then our local retail store.
https://www.babygearlab.com/Baby-Bottle-Reviews/Ratings

I used a mix of Tommee Tippee and platex w drop-in liners when I returned to work. Both kids liked those two. The only problem I found w TT bottles was w dd, who was preemie. The slowest nipple was still way too fast for her for quite awhile, so I had to wait to use those. But neither caused nipple confusion and I BF both for a year/pumped on work days.

I have always used tommee tippee bottles and steriliser with my last 2 and I'm using the same 3rd time round xxx

We always had problems with the teats on the tommee tippee caving in and they always leaked. Avents all the way for us.

Neither. Mam all the way for us - Never had an issue with colic on Mam bottles either and they look fab! Half price in argos atm too

I plan to breastfeed but bought some pink tommee tippee bottles. I used tommee tippee with my daughter too. x

I bought Avent oness for ds1 and they were buggers for leaking. Using Mam now with my second son and love them!

Avent natural ones worked really well for us with DS. We're trying out MAM bottles this time as they're self sterilising :-D

Another fan of MAM bottles! Found them great and they self sterilise in the microwave so no need for yet another huge bit of plastic in the kitchen.

my son wouldn't take either- ended up with Playtex Ventaire

always used Tommie Tippee.
Not planning on breastfeeding this time, tried it with both my boys and failed. eldest wouldn't latch and youngest wasn't getting enough from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->