Tomorrow Amelia is coming home!!!

sherryberry79

Mummy to Amelia
Reaction score
I can't quite believe it, after more than four months (128 days to be exact) in NICU/SCBU our little girl is heading home. I am so excited, and soooooo bricking it!

She will be coming home in 0.2 of oxygen, that hopefully we will start weaning little by little in the new year. I am still really worried about the oxygen, but the hospital arranged for me to meet with a couple of other mums who had babies on oxygen, and they assured me that once I get used to it it will just become normal, and it's not as troublesome as I think.
I hope they're right.

So ladies.....let the sleep deprivation begin........yay!!!

yay - thats amazing news hun you must be chuffed to bits :cloud9: get a good sleep tonight as it will be your last for a few months :happydance: x

thats brill news welcome home amelia yes the excitement may prevent a good nights sleep tonight but try cause its prob gonna be a the last good for a while congrats hun xxxx

Thats great news and a wonderful xmas present. Enjoy being a 'proper' Mummy xxxxx:cloud9::cloud9:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh todays the BIG day, post lots of piccies whn your in and settled and in your own wee routine xx

Thanks girls!

Just waiting for them to come and install the home oxygen, they said they would be here before 11:30, then I can go and get my little girl. I have been mostly filling my time this morning frantically hoovering and doing some serious nesting!!

Will try to get on later to update x

Woooooooooooooooohooooooooooooo​

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I am so pleased for you, I hope you enjoy your Christmas with your babba :kiss: Andrew and I are up for playdates when you get organised, if you want!

Hooray!! Enjoy it, what a great christmas present.:thumbup:

Wow, what truly fantastic news!
I am sure you are walking around feeling like your on cloud 9 and cant stop looking at her! Hope your first couple of days have gone well. xx

Hello all, we are getting on just fine. Millie seems quite happy in her nearly-nocturnal sleep pattern and who am I to argue?!

We got discharged on Thu, then on Friday eve the hospital rang to say I had to take Millie to St James's in Leeds for liver testing on Sunday. We spent Sunday and Monday night there and got home at half eight last night! It was like a cruel trick when they told me she would be an in-patient again!

The good news is that all the tests so far have come back clear. Primarily they were testing for a condition called Biliary atresia. Had she been diagnosed with that, she would have needed very urgent surgery, which is why the appointment was so rushed. Luckily that's not the case, the doctors are hopeful that the prolonged jaundice is as a result of her having TPN for some time after birth, they think there is a good chance it will clear up given time.

Apart from that lil drama we have been pretty good, I have to say, having Millie on oxygen is really not that bad (as people said it wouldn't be). Just so many apps......15:00 today, hearing screening, 10:10 tomorrow, abdominal ultrasound......and so it goes on with community nurses, health visitors and neonatal outreach nurses dropping in, this is one busy baby!

Tell me about it (with regards to appointments) - thank goodness we're down to just one weekly visit by the Outreach Midwives, and the Health Visitors haven't shown their faces yet. But still, another week, another trip back to hospital for an appointment (RSV jab).

Glad you're enjoying motherhood. Does hubby come home for Christmas?

Yep, the first couple of months were manic with doctors visits and checks and vaccinations and HV / Outreach visits etc. I actually had to start using my diary again!!!

It was nice to be kept busy though, after that all stopped I was a bit like a lost soul rattling around the house, wondering what to do with myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->