Tonsilitus

x0xbaybeeemz

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
Anyone had it before?
Last friday i thought i was coming down with a cold as i had abit of a sore throat, it then turned into a cold which i still have now and the sore throat got worse and worse, so bad i could hardly swollow and when i did it was so painful and couldnt hardly eat and had to take so many painkillers each day cause it was that painful.
Still got it today and hasnt got better 1 bit! and the back of my throat is red raw! So im assuming its tonsilitus and have to wait till monday/tuesday to go docters :cry:
Anybody had this before? and know anything to help it? and was just wondering if it could go on its own without any meds from docters?

Hey I had tonsillitus a few months ago. Ouch is all i can say!! I couldn't swallow either, it felt like razor blades down the back of my throat, i also had white spots. I used a throat spray that numbed it, got it from the docs but i think you can buy them over the counter anyway from the pharmacy.

There are two types of tonsillitus, bacterial or viral. They treat the bacterial with antibiotics but not viral. I did have the antibiotics but didnt shift it at all. Took about 3 weeks in total to go. Hope you get well soon xxx

Did you have a cold with yours? Iv had a cold all the way threw it thats why i thought it was just a cold at first but its not because the sore throat hasnt worn off at all.
Feels like its never going to shift! :(

No i didn't have a cold, just the tonsillitus. Just woke up one morning with it! x

ive had it 5 times the past 12 months so i feel for u, u really need to get to the doctors if it is, u will probably need antibiotics to treat it. Do u have white spots at the back of ur throat and on ur tonsils? are they swollen and red? can sometimes gets ear ache too x

ive had it 5 times the past 12 months so i feel for u, u really need to get to the doctors if it is, u will probably need antibiotics to treat it. Do u have white spots at the back of ur throat and on ur tonsils? are they swollen and red? can sometimes gets ear ache too x

Im going to ring docters early in morning to see if i can get an appointment!
I havent got white spots but i have lots of red spots and my throats red raw and iv had ear ache aswel but iv never ever had such a painful sore throat and a sore throat thats lasted this long! Its so horrible :(

Gargle salt water.
Sip water as often as you can
I had my tonsils out when i was 16 or 17 because id get it nearly every month. X

Im taking penicilin antibiotic medicine now. It tastes foul!! Worst thing iv ever tasted, but i think its doing the job, slowely :)

I have it right now and have had it once previously.
Get yourself some Merocaine lozenges from the chemist to take alongside your antibiotics,they are good.Also if you have to go back to the Drs ask for Difflam spray,thats good too. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->