Too big for a stroller

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...Jackie-daughters-age-eight-five-stroller.html

What do you think ? I must admit I've never seen such old kids being pushed around :shrug:

I think a 5 yr old can still get tired on long walks .. We used one for my eldest up to 4 as we would walk for miles some days. I'd be slightly embarrassed pushing an eight yr old who was healthy and fit enough to walk though

I find a bit odd if children are healthy and can walk by that age why would you do pushchair especially the 8 yr old. We very rarely use ours and lo is 2 nearly 3. She walked around for a good 2 1/2 hours yesterday. I use it for very long walks at moment more due to I can't carry her at the moment if she gets tiered. Each to there own. I would worry poor girls would be embaressed

I think they look too big for it, they look quite cramped and uncomfortable IMO!

We stopped using a pushchair at about 3 1/2!! But then if Josh did get tired he could just sit on my lap whilst we were out.

That seems really odd? Maybe there is a reason behind it, but if it's just because they don't want to walk than that's pretty awful.

Agree it doesn't look comfortable

I guess there could me a medial reason

It doesn't look comfy at all for the 8yr old!! I haven't used Bens pushchair for about 6 months but if we were going on an extra long day out including evening, I'd take it.

I get why the 5yr old is in it, she looks sound asleep in the last few photos, no one wants to be dealing with a knackered 5yr old trying to make then walk.

I don't have children this age so not sure my opinion would change but I think 8 is far too old.
When I was in Florida at the theme parks I seen older children in buggy's and I did understand as it was so hot and exhausting and sometimes they would be out for 10 hours or so but I don't think an able bodied 8 year old should be in one

I know what reaction i would get if I suggested to my eight yr old to get in a stroller!

It doesn't look comfy at all for the 8yr old!! I haven't used Bens pushchair for about 6 months but if we were going on an extra long day out including evening, I'd take it.

I get why the 5yr old is in it, she looks sound asleep in the last few photos, no one wants to be dealing with a knackered 5yr old trying to make then walk.

Yeah, I think five may be slightly on the older side, but you still have a very young child who easily gets exhasuted. Eight seems very excessive though, the transition to no pushchair will surely be nightmare? That's assuming that it's used regularly though.

It's a bit excessive really. Even at 5 I'd say.

I have a 5 year old and he would be mortified if I told him to get in a pushchair!

I remember walking around DisneyWorld, Florida at 7....can't imagine my Mam pushing me around.

Surely the weight limit for a 5 year + 8 year old would be above the limit for the pushchair?

They both look ill to me.

I put Naomi-Mae in one three years ago, so she would of been almost six (although my babies are on the small side so we don't get any looks) because we were at Disneyland and she had a temperature which made her lathergic!

Also things like hypermobility can make it painful to walk for long periods of time x

Unless for a medical condition...kids that big can walk!

Assuming there is no medical risk I think that's silly, surely something like a scooter or bike would be better, but obviously we don't know the full situation, but if it's to make life easier for themselves it's a bit lazy.

We haven't used a push chair since DS1 was a little over 3, and we walk a lot, travel into and around London etc sometimes he asks DH to carry him but mostly I think he's just developed the ability to. He had a buggy bored for a month but it broke which I was glad for as he was using for the novelty not need.

Unless a medical reason, really, i think the kids could be walking from 5. As long as parents take into account breaks on long distances etc. Evelyn won't go in a pushchair now at all.

In this case, perhaps it was to protect them from the paps?

I don't see anything wrong with it really... As long as they aren't in it a lot and are mostly active? Maybe they had been doing sport/ running around all morning and maw n paw fancied a stroll but the girls were tired but happy to be pushed? I duno, I'm the sort of person who doesn't bother too much what other people think so if I was ever in a situation where I wanted to go out with my two, but they were too tired to walk and I had a buggy to hand that they were happy to sit in- to me that's win-win and I'd totally go for it! Different story if they were always in it or didn't want to go in it. They look happy enough to me though!

Just looking at the pictures and obviously knowing nothing of the situation it seems he's quite keen to baby them. Maybe being a celebrity and having their picture taken constantly he is trying to strike a balance. I think there's more to it than just oh they're tired I'll put them in a pushchair. Neither seem like they want to be there particularly apart from when the little one is nodding off.
My boy refuses to go in a pram now and he's not even 3. If he was tired we would arrange a sit down, but that's us.

They both look ill to me.

I put Naomi-Mae in one three years ago, so she would of been almost six (although my babies are on the small side so we don't get any looks) because we were at Disneyland and she had a temperature which made her lathergic!

Also things like hypermobility can make it painful to walk for long periods of time x

Yeah that's true; to be honest if this was an everyday thing, they would have probably been papped previously.

Summer has been in a pram twice since she turned two and shes three in august.

I'd guess theat either the kids were ill at the time or they have a condition which causes walking to be painful. I have a condition which causes joint pain and dislocations, I was still being taken home from school in a pushchair at 5 as my joints were very sore by the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->