Too Big Too Try

cuddlytaffy

Reaction score
hi everyone

after losing megan at 36wks gest 7months ago me and hubby are ready to try agian. found out later that i had antocoagulant lupus and gest diabetes. everythign had settke since then except now i have high bp. i am overweight just like i was on my previous 2 pregnancies. i saw a doc today about my bp and she told me noe too try again right now or i woud lose another child. can any other bigger mums give me some advice pls

kel x

:hugs: No advice just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss & good luck x

im really sorry for your loss, i hope you dont mind me asking but how big are you? my auntie is a size 26 and she got told she would have to lose at least 5 stone before she tryed for another baby (she already had one but was a lot smaller) but she just ignored that and went ahead and tried anyway now she has had another two children and one on the way and she is still size 26+...i think you should do what you think is best and believe in yourself one day it will happen medical advice isnt always the best thing to listen too...good luck xxx

Hey cuddlytaffy,

Im so sorry for your loss, it must of been heartbreaking :hugs:

Im currently overweight for my height, and im planning to lose around 40lbs before ttc. Hoping to be able to start ttc'ing next May/ June.

Wishing you lots of :hug:

I'm really sorry for your loss. :hugs: I wish you all the luck in the world. :hug:

*hugs* Sorry for your loss.

I think you don't *have* to lose weight to get pregnant, but studies show it's better for pregnancies if you're at a healthy weight before getting pregnant. Weight loss is one of my 'before I get pregnant' goals.

I personally think you should do what you feel best with. Did you develope Pre-E or anything that caused the loss, not to pry sorry.. just wondering if it was directly related to your weight. From what I understand, gest diabetes can be controlled with healthy eating, and meds if necessary. I was dumb, cause in the year that DH and I were not trying, not preventing before falling pregnant, I gained a lot of weight. I got pregnant naturally, never had high BP, never had any complications except for bad morning sickness. My doc told me my baby was gonna be well over 10lbs and it was probably caused by gest diabetes (until 2 blood tests came back fine) and my little girl was born weighing 8lbs10oz. In my honest opinion, unless your loss was a direct result of your weight, I dont see why you cant. I know its best to wait until your at a healthy weight, but there are a lot of people who are overweight, who are still healthy. I am overweight, but dont have one single health problem. Dont get me wrong, I am dieting/exercising, and have lost 42lbs since having my daughter, but I was still healthy overall, even with being overweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->