Too early to buy liitle bits for baby???

Buy yourself something basic like a blanket or a pack of cute bibs. Then you can get more after your scan.

its lovely to look at things though. Im 18 weeks and after my scan i went to t k maxx and got a baby blanket. Then at 14 weeks i got some long sleeve vests and bibs in yellow with giraffes.

In the last couple of weeks we got our bottle/steriliser kit. A baby bath. S johnsons baby box with bathing products. 2 more sleepsuits 3 blankets and 2 soft toys.

if you join cow and gate you will get a free cow for baby. Same for aptamil you will get a free polar bear toy. .

but seriously its your baby. My mum has been moaning at me for buying stuff but how often do u get to set your new baby up. Just dont tell people who may lecture you. And obviously dont go buying moses baskets or prams yet. Cus god forbid anything will happen to your baby before 12 weeks but if it did you can keep basics.

enjoy spending xx

I've always waited till after the first scan, superstition I guess, then we have always gone to mothercare after the scan to get the baby her own cute outfit. I don't have barely anything to buy this time because we have everything in neutral from our last 2, we are going to buy a videomonitor and mattress for the crib and that's it. Will be buying an asda card you can add money to so we can save for nappies without buying them incase baby is as big as my first or dosnt do well in which brand we buy. I say go for it if you want, we use baby wipes for everything now, you'll end up going through them while your still pregnant lol xxx

With DS I bought a bib when we started TTC. This time I haven't bought anything but I won't have as much to buy so I'm waiting until I actually feel like going shopping.

I don't think it's too early. The way I see things, and how I thought before I was closer to the "safe point", we plan on having another baby either way so the items would get used if not for that pregnancy then the next one.

We haven't bought anything yet, but I really really want to! We do have a cot though because a lady was giving it away for free on one of the facebook groups. We did go back and forth about getting it but then decided that if something was going to happen it would happen regardless of whether we had it in the house so we picked it up.

My little boy really likes this cute sleepsuit we've seen in Asda and wants to get it for the baby so I think we will get it after our scan if everything is ok. I will probably get little bits from that point on as well. I also don't have anything left from my DS but we have been offered some things from friends and family. As much as it will kill me too I will wait until there are good deals on some of the bigger things we need to get, I remember with DS that Mothercare have 10% off everything at certain points in the year, hopefully they still do that.

With my 2nd I was buying clothes and toys and all that before I even knew she was for sure a girl. But I just had the gut feeling.. I knew my son was a boy too but some how held off on buying things lol. This time I actually bought a pack n play! LOL so really hoping my gut feeling is right again or I'm going to have to sell it to buy a different one. I've also bought some pacifiers but thats about it.. if we had more room I would start stocking up on diapers and what not.. but I think thats going to have to wait until after christmas because our closets are full of birthday and christmas gifts.. lol

I'm planning on having a diaper party, not a full blown baby shower as I already have one of each, but I do believe that every baby deserves their own celebration/welcome :) I made a small wish list but not really expecting people to bring stuff, definitely wouldn't mind though haha

I m def going to wait till after scan to buy things esp big things, I have seen a pram that I love and I cant stop looking at it haha.. and I think I need to get on the band wagon with the baby shower seen as you all are haha :)

We haven't bought anything yet, but I really really want to! We do have a cot though because a lady was giving it away for free on one of the facebook groups. We did go back and forth about getting it but then decided that if something was going to happen it would happen regardless of whether we had it in the house so we picked it up.

My little boy really likes this cute sleepsuit we've seen in Asda and wants to get it for the baby so I think we will get it after our scan if everything is ok. I will probably get little bits from that point on as well. I also don't have anything left from my DS but we have been offered some things from friends and family. As much as it will kill me too I will wait until there are good deals on some of the bigger things we need to get, I remember with DS that Mothercare have 10% off everything at certain points in the year, hopefully they still do that.

That's great getting the cot you may aswell if its free :) aw bless your little boy there is some lovely things in Asda at mo I could buy everything haha.. im just going to start buying little bits like wipes baby bath lotion.. then when scan will def be like you shop shop shop, I have seen this lovely pram in Mothercare I want it now haha :)

We have bought some nappies as they were on offer but that's it! We haven't got anything left from my little girl either as we weren't planning on any more children so we have to start again too! There are a good couple of Facebook buy and sell sites locally to me so I'll probs look on there for some bits x

I will def try the facebook sites I didn't think of that :)

I don't think it's too early. The way I see things, and how I thought before I was closer to the "safe point", we plan on having another baby either way so the items would get used if not for that pregnancy then the next one.

Yea your right, I have two girls and even tho there not babies I still have wipes in the house ha..

Im just excited :)

Buy yourself something basic like a blanket or a pack of cute bibs. Then you can get more after your scan.

its lovely to look at things though. Im 18 weeks and after my scan i went to t k maxx and got a baby blanket. Then at 14 weeks i got some long sleeve vests and bibs in yellow with giraffes.

In the last couple of weeks we got our bottle/steriliser kit. A baby bath. S johnsons baby box with bathing products. 2 more sleepsuits 3 blankets and 2 soft toys.

if you join cow and gate you will get a free cow for baby. Same for aptamil you will get a free polar bear toy. .

but seriously its your baby. My mum has been moaning at me for buying stuff but how often do u get to set your new baby up. Just dont tell people who may lecture you. And obviously dont go buying moses baskets or prams yet. Cus god forbid anything will happen to your baby before 12 weeks but if it did you can keep basics.

enjoy spending xx

It def is lovely looking at things esp when you have bought them :) and because I haven't any real symptons yet or no bumb I don't feel like I am.. so want to buy..sounds silly I know,

Thank you for the positive comments :)

I've always waited till after the first scan, superstition I guess, then we have always gone to mothercare after the scan to get the baby her own cute outfit. I don't have barely anything to buy this time because we have everything in neutral from our last 2, we are going to buy a videomonitor and mattress for the crib and that's it. Will be buying an asda card you can add money to so we can save for nappies without buying them incase baby is as big as my first or dosnt do well in which brand we buy. I say go for it if you want, we use baby wipes for everything now, you'll end up going through them while your still pregnant lol xxx

Aw your so lucky having most things from your last two :) and I def go threw wipes like theres no tomorrow with my two girls and there not babies so like you say you always have them house, and I think I will go for it ha thanks for your positive comment its nice :)

Too early in my opinion.
Each to their own though.

ive seen some lovely things that I would love to buy, every time our local supermarket has their baby events im itching to buy something lol ive only got 4 weeks to wait until my scan lol going be a long month!

Ha ha you will be wishing the days by ha I know I will when gets nearer to my scan ha ..

I bought stuff for Sophie the day I got my BFP...I was 9DPO lol! I got a little cotton set of white footed pants (trousers) and a little white cotton cardigan. I still have them,

Aww do you that's so sweet that you still have them, I am def going to buy things now esp with ppls nice positive comments :)

i just recently had my scan & everything is perfect! unfortunately, something can go wrong at any time. i think it's okay to start buying, it may even make you feel more relaxed if you are able to convince yourself that most people have healthy babies with no complications! i bought 3 pairs of sleepers & a package of diapers before my scan/heartbeat detection. :)

enjoy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"