too fat for scan, too grainy,not quality and detail

blessfull

Reaction score
just out my scan my bmi is over 40 and they said they cant get enough detail due to my weight any one else had this ? :cry::cry:

Your baby scan do you mean?

I never had any problems and I was scanned every 2 weeks from 22 weeks until she was born at 38 weeks

just out my scan my bmi is over 40 and they said they cant get enough detail due to my weight any one else had this ? :cry::cry:

Hi hun. I got got told today that I need to drop my bmi pass 30 to even get a day for my first scan.
Im at 39 xnd started celebrate slim
Best of luck hun x
Scan to see how my tubes are doing x

My bmi was over 40 when I was pregnant and I didn't have any issues what so ever. I had loads ranging from 5 weeks all the way up to 32 weeks! Including a 4d scan that came out beautifully.

Maybe you just got an awkward sonographer :(

I would say you might have had a terrible technician!
I've gained 25 lb since doing IVF and getting pregnant, which skyrocketed my BMI to 36, and I had my 12 week scan last week with a bit of a drama getting a clear nuchal reading, but eventually we got there. It's hard if carrying extra weight because you almost always have extra fluid retention as well, but at least the baby is well protected in there!
Will they try again for a clearer scan? (hopefully with a more experienced tech)

Yep I think you just had someone who didn't do their job very well!

I had a BMI of over 40 as well when I got pregnant and they found my baby when I was 8 weeks along and then just as easily several other times throughout my pregnancy.

Can you try getting a different tech to do it or go somewhere else?

That sounds awful. My bmi is/was 34 and nothing was mentioned at all. I did notice my scan pictures never seemed as clear as some others but I put that down to where I was being scanned as a mate with a similar bmi was scanned without that at a different place.

I really think you need to demand another technitian or a different place to be scanned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->