Too late for progesterone suppositories? Advice?

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
I've been having some bleeding spells along with some cramping spells this weekend (by then the bleeding had mostly stopped). It made me think to ask to have my progesterone level checked. I think I saw it mentioned on a website somewhere so I called and asked. They told me it wasn't standard to check but they'd do it anyways. My lovely midwife brought me back to look at baby's heartbeat while I was there and sent me on my way. I was 8+4 (baby measuring at 7+6).

I got a call today from the midwife saying she's shocked but my level came back at 6.5 and they like to see it at at least 25. Now I have had issues with low hcg during this pregnancy but they finally stopped checking the level because baby was growing. She's going to have me start suppositories even though it's usually something they start during early pregnancy. She reminded me that my healthy ultrasound trumped these levels but figured it couldn't hurt to take them.

My question is.... Will it help to take them so late in the game? I figure it can't hurt right??

Yep it will help relax your uterus, which sounds a little irritated from the bleeding and cramping, and will also keep your progesterone levels up, protecting the pregnancy until the placenta takes over fully. If it were me, I'd definitely take them for the next few weeks. X

yes it will help as the poster above me discribed plus once on them they tend to start to rise right away..

ps low progesterone doesnt always mean m/c...usually but not always so dont feel very bad..u saw ur bean doing well, as for dating its not exact especially this early..all depends on when the egg and sperm met...how fast it traveled and when it implanted not to mention when u exactly ovulated so its all a science hun

xx

thinking sticky thoughts ur way for ur bean

They say it will still take two days for the pharmacy to make them up. Now that I know I'll use them I want to get going now.

*annoyed pregnancy rage!!!*

They say it will still take two days for the pharmacy to make them up. Now that I know I'll use them I want to get going now.

*annoyed pregnancy rage!!!*

Sorry you are having to wait...can you pick up some natural progesterone cream? Health food stores carry it where we are and it should be available.

Natural cream OTC really doesnt do much of anything, Is there another pharmacy to take your script too. Another might have them in stock. xx

My chemist had the same problem they gave me a few to be going on with until the rest came in.

Natural cream OTC really doesnt do much of anything, Is there another pharmacy to take your script too. Another might have them in stock. xx

Hey mrspat progesterone cream worked for me to raise my levels and my RE actually insisted I continue using it through my first trimester to maintain my levels. it is important to make sure to get a cream that has the appropriate amount to be effective as there are a lot of crummy ones out there that skimp.

Dr John lee and Dr Jonathon Wright have done several studies that have been published if you'd like to read up on it's effectiveness. Dr Lee has even resolved previous issues with absorption through the skin which was an issue in the past. It's a personal choice and there's a lot of conflicting info out there on it but I decided it was better to try it than nothing at all and I'm very glad I did as I'm ending first tri currently.:flower:

I attached an article that I felt was helpful when I was deciding whether to use it if you want to check it out. Good luck and I hope they get you the rx sooner as it works very well too and dosing is easy with a suppository.

https://magkaye.hubpages.com/hub/Progesterone-and-fertility

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->