• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too many cooks spoiling the broth

KaitKat

Reaction score
The broth being baby haha. And the cooks being herbs. I'm Kaitlynne and I'm new here. I decided to start the account due to the fact that I am thinking of trying for a baby after one shot of depo. On October the 3rd I decided to have one shot of depo due to the fact that I was planning a wedding and didn't want bleeding and hormones to get in the way of my big day. Well now the wedding is done my dh and I would like to start a family. The shot expired Jan 3rd and I know that I usually menstruate at the end of the month. I'm spotting heavily, think it may be a light period atm. Anyway, I was hoping by next month to get a proper period and also nourish my womb to make it more favourable to an embryo. By achieving that I found an array of herbs and foods to help me in my quest for a baby. These are:
Maca, Vitex Agnus-Castus, Bee Pollen, Fenugreek, raspberry leaf, probiotics, pineapple and juice, pomegranate and juice, soy milk, evening primose also possibly Dong Quai a.k.a Angelica and Saw Palmetto because my cm is very thick after depo.

On top of this I am also using accupuncture to help. My question is could all of these help me or :shock: actually make me more infertile? Should I just still to Vitex and Raspberry leaf?

To me that seems like way to many hormone messer uppers, do you have fertility problems? Then why start messing with nature:) I would take a womens one a day vitamin, folic acid and a good fish oil, this should cover all the bases, good luck :)

I think you wouldn't even have to eat if you took all those :D I use maca because it helps with other things too, B mix multivitamin and prenatal vitamin. I don't think you should worry too much, you're just starting and folic acid should probably be only thing you need to worry about now. Good luck in your TTC :)

Hi witchy,

I see you are taking maca! Are you planning on stopping the maca if you get pregnant?
I started taking it recently during TTC and am still taking a very small dose but am now a little concerned that it could be dangerous during pregnancy. Do you have thoughts on this? My internet research has been inconclusive thus far.

Good luck with regulating your cycle KaitKat!
Some of those (pineapple and pomegranate) for example are quite innocuous.

Probiotics: I have researched this a lot
Probiotics are helpful if you have been recently on a course of antibiotics or if you have IBS/Crohn's/Gluten sensitivity and only for a short course. The problem with probiotics is that we do not know which strands of bacteria are in our gut so it is unlikely we are helping it by putting random strands, unless there is a reason to think you are particularly deficient in all strands. You can also take probiotics for a short course specifically for your vag health (helps with yeast infections) and this is much more effective because we know through research that lactobacillus acidophilus is the predominant vaginal microorganism. So if you do decide to take a probiotic make sure it has that strand! If you want to generally help your gut, Prebiotics feed the microorganisms that already live inside you. That said if you eat a lot of vegetables you are most likely getting enough Prebiotics daily.

Bee pollen: Have you taken this before? Some people can get an allergic reaction to it, but I believe that is the only danger. If you have taken it before you should be fine, if not start doses very gradually.

I am not a dr and with all these different natural treatments it might be good to seek council from a dr or naturopath! Please keep us updated on your fertility journey and which supplements you decide to take and best of luck!

So far I haven't researched about maca and pregnancy, will probably do it once I see :bfp: like with everything else. But since it seems that AF is on her way for me this month, no need to google that too with everything else I've been googling :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->