Too old fashioned?

Wafflewaffle

Reaction score
If we have a boy we are thinking of calling him Dennis after my Grandad, is this too old fashioned do you think?

Also haven't been able to come up with any good middle names to go with it, so any ideas anyone?

Last problem is, We don't know boy or girl yet & we have no girl names that we are struck on yet, I'm kind of into old fashioned names rather than trendy ones, would like something that you can shorten for a cute nickname for baby but not babyish when older.... Help!!!

If you can live with him forever being called 'Dennis the Menace' then it's lovely!

I like a a single syllable with a doubled Christian name. Something like John.

As for girls, my favorites ATM are
Vivienne (Vivvy)
Florence (Flossie)
Doris (Dotty)
Francesca (Cesca)
Ophelia
Lillian (Lilly)
Evangeline (Eva or we call my cousin Angel as her pet name)
Lorelei (Rori)

I love girls names!

I don't mind Dennis the menace hehe if he's my son he probably is gonna be a menace hahaha :)

Well in that case, it's a beautiful name! I don't think you'll ever regret a name choice if it has such meaning.

Is Dennis the Menace even know to children anymore???

I don't find it old fashion. I think its just not common today.

Really a lot of names that are popular today are truly old fashion some even old fashion male names now known as primarily female names - Emerson and Aubrey for example.

i like Dennis and the name obviously has a meaning to you, so i say go for it =)

as for girls names there are many traditional names i like. my fave is Clara, but my dh's sister's name is Anna Clara...so unless we name our baby (if it's a girl) AFTER her, it'd be weird to pick that name...

soo here are some ideas:

clara (no really nice way to shorten it, though)
emilia (emmy)
evangeline (eva, evie)
Alice (lissy, ali)
Elizabeth (Libby)
Louise (lou)
Catherine (cathy, kate)
Violet
Mirabella (mira, bella)
Charlotte (charlie)

I like Dennis think its cute

Dennis James
Dennis George
Dennis Henry
Dennis Michael

For girls:
Elsie
Esther
Violet
Betsy
Charlotte
Iris
Stella
Annie

X

I think its cute. My daughters name is Josephine which we shorten to Josie or JoJo. I think Annabelle is cute, Florence, violet, Elizabeth, Catherine, Imogen, and one from a book but haven't met any Arabella, shortened to Bella, oh and los middle name is charlotte which can be shortened to Lottie which is cute I think

i like Dennis and the name obviously has a meaning to you, so i say go for it =)

as for girls names there are many traditional names i like. my fave is Clara, but my dh's sister's name is Anna Clara...so unless we name our baby (if it's a girl) AFTER her, it'd be weird to pick that name...

soo here are some ideas:

clara (no really nice way to shorten it, though)
emilia (emmy)
evangeline (eva, evie)
Alice (lissy, ali)
Elizabeth (Libby)
Louise (lou)
Catherine (cathy, kate)
Violet
Mirabella (mira, bella)
Charlotte (charlie)

I like Dennis think its cute

Dennis James
Dennis George
Dennis Henry
Dennis Michael

For girls:
Elsie
Esther
Violet
Betsy
Charlotte
Iris
Stella
Annie

X

I think its cute. My daughters name is Josephine which we shorten to Josie or JoJo. I think Annabelle is cute, Florence, violet, Elizabeth, Catherine, Imogen, and one from a book but haven't met any Arabella, shortened to Bella, oh and los middle name is charlotte which can be shortened to Lottie which is cute I think

Thanks for all the replies!!

Camila- love the names Alice, Louise & Charlotte :) thanks for suggestions!

Lucy- wow I love pretty much all the middle names you came up with, how do you even pick a middle name? I always thought middle names were like names of family members & stuff but I guess since first name is family member it wouldn't matter if second name was just a made up one of our choice? Again I love Charlotte but my good friend is called Charlotte so I dunno if it would be a bit weird calling my baby Charlotte humm....

Bex- another Charlotte hehe it seems so be written in the stars! But as above. Love Josephine and Annabella thou Bella is cute :)

Our choices atm are:

Boy- Dennis George
Dennis James

Girl- Charlotte Alice
Alice Louise

What do you think? Xx

Our choices atm are:

Boy- Dennis George
Dennis James

Girl- Charlotte Alice
Alice Louise

What do you think? Xx

You have great name choices.... :)
I'm no help because I love both boys and both girls!!!

LOVE Dennis and think Denny is an adorable nickname. I love old fashioned names too and DS was going to be Penelope if he was a girl. Nell, Nelly, Pen or Penny for nn :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->