Too skinny to TTC

Summerbee

NTNP
Reaction score
Is anyone on here worried that they are too skinny to TTC? I am 5ft 7 and currently a UK size 6, I would like to go up to an 8 before april when we TTC :thumbup: Anyone else?

Cant say that applies to me, im the other way round.

Whats you bmi? Aslong as your eating 3 good meals a day and arnt over exercising then there is no reason why you cant ttc?

I was underweight by around 2 stone the last time I conceived - and just concentrated on making sure that I ate bigger portions of healthy food during the pregnancy... put on 4 stone during it!!

I think as long as you're ovulating there should be no problem, but obviously its good to be as healthy as you can and being the correct weight for your size and frame is a part of that.

Hi Summerbee xxxx Yeah totally understand, I am 5"3.5 and a uk size 6. I am just making sure to eat 3 full meals a day and snacking too, so far have put on 2 lb's but its hard work! I went on the pill originally to try and put on some weight and I did I was a uk size 10 but since I've come off them I've gone back down :hissy: I just hope I can concieve since I haven't had AF since coming off BCP's..... :sad2:

Listen, if you feel your weight is an issue just consult with a doctor, the last thing you want to have is concerns during this wonderful time in your life, and enjoy it!!!!!!!

I'm 5'8", UK size 8, BMI is 16.5, and body fat is below 10%, but I've never thought to worry about it before lol. I'm just gonna go with it, no matter what I can't put weight on anyway lol. Hopefully I won't have any trouble because of it! xx

I think if you're too underweight to conceive, AF won't show up - I know this can happen when people have eating disorders etc... So if AF is still coming, chances are that it won't be a problem with TTC :flower: xx

I'm pretty skinny, too, and it kind of makes me worry, but as the other girls have said, as long as you're eating healthy and all, it should be okay. I'm a size 0/1 in America. My mom is even smaller and she had 5 kids, so I'm guessing if she can make it, I can make it.

Plus, I've tried gaining weight. I'm on the pill. NONE of it works. UGH!

I wouldn't worry too much. It's never a bad idea to be cleared by your doctor before TTC. :)

Pftt, I wish :( I am actually thinking of losing weight before TTC.
I used to have a BMI of 17 but its now around 20...
I'm 5 foot 11 and a UK size 12 on my hips, 8 on top. I look so butch :(

20 is good for TTC though - nature likes it if you're a tiny bit cuddly around the edges when it comes to making babies... not to say that skinny girls can't or shouldn't - just that there's a wide range that is healthy and that includes slightly heavier ladies too.

I think my BMI is about 17... last time we checked anyways. Sometimes I put weight on over xmas, a few pounds so lets hope I do this year and keep it on :D AF is regular, so I hope things are okay in there!! I just want to be as healthy as possible for bubba! I never gain weight anyways so it's always a struggle :(

Pftt, I wish :( I am actually thinking of losing weight before TTC.
I used to have a BMI of 17 but its now around 20...
I'm 5 foot 11 and a UK size 12 on my hips, 8 on top. I look so butch :(

i am the same, 8 on top then 12 on the bottom! i have small boobs as well so i hate looking pear shaped!!!xxx

Yeah my boobs are tiny, and because my hips are so big, I have a half hourglass shape but it doesn't go out again at the top :dohh: I wouldn't mind huge hips if I was curvy all over, but I'm not.

Then again, I like to take it as a sign that my huge hips mean I'm well prepared to have kids :thumbup:

Im 5'7 and also was a size 6, and it didn't affect me getting pregnant. Im 32 weeks now, try not to worry hun as I personally think when u worry thats when it does become a problem. But if you feel concerned you should see ur doc x

Is anyone on here worried that they are too skinny to TTC? I am 5ft 7 and currently a UK size 6, I would like to go up to an 8 before april when we TTC :thumbup: Anyone else?

I'm taller and a smaller siZe than you! Yet I eat a healthy diet with lots of food! I'm nrly 20 wkd preg my to and consulatnt don't see a problem as long as your eating properly and not starving your self you can't be to skinny if that's your natural weight! I really would worry to much I've Neva been bigger than a 6 no matter how much I eat!

Thankyou everyone for your comments :) made me feel much better, I suppose it was just ignorant people's comments getting into my head. My doc is happy with my weight, said a few extra pounds wouldn't hurt but my body is functioning well. I had a few people make off the cuff comments, not knowing that we were TTC and they wriggled into my head a little!!

Thanks again ladies x x

My BMI was only like 17.5 when i got pregnant and i now have a lovely healthy 5month old who came out at the average birth weight 3days early :thumbup:

I would say your only to little if you have no period really since if you have a period you can get pregnant

As you said, if your doc is happy with your weight, that must mean you are healthy and ready for TTC. good luck xxx

I've noticed that when one is skinny or a tad underweight, that the body compensates for it during pregnancy, for the most part.

I was 95 lbs. and 5' pre-pregnancy with all of my three. I gained 45 lbs. with my first two and 50 lbs. with my third. The body knows that you need some extra weight and compensates for it during pregnancy.

I also agree about the period and usually AF doesn't show up if one is very underweight and has minimal fat storage. If your period is still showing, you will be fine.

I've noticed that when one is skinny or a tad underweight, that the body compensates for it during pregnancy, for the most part.

I was 95 lbs. and 5' pre-pregnancy with all of my three. I gained 45 lbs. with my first two and 50 lbs. with my third. The body knows that you need some extra weight and compensates for it during pregnancy.

I also agree about the period and usually AF doesn't show up if one is very underweight and has minimal fat storage. If your period is still showing, you will be fine.

Well that's interesting to know!! All my family are tall and skinny (my mum and I are considered midgets of the family at 5ft 7 and 5ft 8 lol!) so I guess it's just normal for us. I don't think I've ever missed a period, so hopefully my body is working just fine :) Still wouldn't mind a few extra pounds over xmas but that's just my paranoid side lol! Thanks alot ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->