Too soon?! Woke up to contractions 31 weeks

CassieSims

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm 31 weeks on Sunday and I've just been woken up by what I believe are contractions... I feel nauseous when they hit and it's an intense feeling I can't really describe... What do I do?! I feel totally blindsided... I haven't even had my child birthing classes yet so I really don't know what I'm doing.

If they are painful they could be contractions definitely ring labour and delivery they will probably get you to come in and check you over. If it is labour they will probably try and stop it and give you steroid injections. Let us know how you get on and don't worry if you deliver early 31 weeks is a good gestation xx

I'm just not sure. They are painful. I feel like I need to go to the toilet and they just feel like period cramps... I'm thinking if they haven't disappeared by the hour I'm going to call.

I would probably call now and see what they say, that's how my labour started. And at 31 weeks you want to try and stop them if possible x

I called and they ended up telling me to wait an hour and see if they progressed or if they fizzled out. Thankfully they seemed to fizzle because I was able to fall asleep, and so far this morning they haven't reappeared... Thanks for the advice ladies :) I wasn't exactly in my right mind at 4 in the morning so it was nice that someone could tell me how to be rational haha!

I'm exactly the same gestation as you and had to call labor and delivery last night. I had 10 contractions in an hour and a half. Like you, they fizzled out. I have several every day. It's hard to know when it's the real deal, I would definitely want them to stop it and give me steroid shots

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->