too young to wean?

Angelface

Mummy to a princess &Bump
Reaction score
Leila seems content once finished feeding but she always has her fist in her mouth, my nan said maybe shes ready for rice??

is she too young??

Personally i would say yes she is too young.

Babies her age often start discovering their hands and constantly shove them in their mouths, it doesn't necessarily mean they need solids.

Also she could be teething, but more likely she has just found her hands and wants to chew on them :D

If you can wait then i think you should wait till she is at least 17weeks old (4mnths).

i would say she is too young just yet, Annabelle has her hands in her mouth all the time too

Lou
xxx

if she is content after a bottle then she is ok for now.....we weaned Maley at 2months and 3 weeks but thats because she screamed after a 8oz bottle for more!!

If she is happy and satisifed after her milk then shes doing ok on just milk for now hun. I have been weaning Patrick now for a week as he was needing 7+oz of milk to feel full but was then bringing it back up as it was too large a quantity for him to keep down. Since starting on food hes never sick now. x

Babies go through a stage where their fist is always in their mouths! It doesn't mean she's ready to wean, just that she's discovered her fist (they eventually do the same with their feet ;)). Personally I'd say she was to young

Yep, too young. My MW told me not to take Grace having her fist in her mouth to mean she is hungry. It's a stage that babies go through when they are dicovering themselves and how to do things x

I also think she is far too young

x

i would say she's too young in my opnion aswell. My daughter always has her hand or dummy in her mouth. I knew she was getting ready for solids when she was getting really frustrated when we were eating even though she'd had her milk.

As long as your baby is contented with the milk, alert and developing well there no need for solids this early IMO.

Lexie found her fists at about 8 weeks and they haven't been out since. I would hold off the rice untul her feeds arn't satisfying her anymore xx

I weaned just before she was 3 months... all babies are different, she should be able to hold her head up while sitting aided... another sign is if she starts waking in the night more often not due to a growth spurt.

Definately too young. Babies often suck on their hands or fingers for comfort and it
doesn't necessarily mean they are hungry.

The new advice is to wait to wean until six months (this is what the health visitors will tell you) but obviously some babies will be able to be weaned a bit earlier and some a bit later. However, the advice says that if you wean them too early it can increase the risk of things like allergies and food intolerances.

Like alot of the other girls said it's just a phase, she has discovered her hands. I also think she's way too young to wean. There are many signs to look for when deciding but that's not one :)

Here is this

How will I know when my baby's ready?
Your baby will give you clear signs when he's ready to move beyond liquid-only nourishment. Cues to look for include:

• Head control. Your baby needs to be able to keep his head in a steady, upright position.

• Losing the "extrusion reflex." To keep solid food in his mouth and then swallow it, your baby needs to stop using his tongue to push food out of his mouth.

• Sitting well when supported. Even if he's not quite ready for a highchair, your baby needs to be able to sit upright to swallow well.

• Chewing motions. Your baby's mouth and tongue develop in sync with his digestive system. To start solids, he should be able to move food to the back of his mouth and swallow. As he learns to swallow efficiently, you may notice less drooling. He may also be teething around the same time.

• Significant weight gain. Most babies are ready to eat solids when they've doubled their birth weight (or weigh about 15 pounds) and are at least 4 months old.

• Growing appetite. He seems hungry — even with eight to ten feedings of breast milk or formula a day.

• Curiosity about what you're eating. Your baby may begin eyeing your bowl of rice or reaching for a forkful of fettuccine as it travels from your plate to your mouth.

https://www.babycenter.com/0_introducing-solid-foods_113.bc

i think she's too young in my opinion
Lincoln was drooling when he saw me and OH eating ,and putting his fist in his mouth when he was 2 months old but that's what babies do. I wean him at 5 months

she's found her hands hun its the 1st stage of learning to play, rhys constantly has his fist in there and is just starting to reach for things.
slowly slowly catchy monkey is the way to go, lte closest you get to 6 months to wean the better, you arent going to wake up 3am with a baby with poop everywhere because her wee tummy cant cope. your doing great
xx

Its normal for babies to put their hands or fingers in their mouth. Almost all babies do that. That is not a sign of wanting more food. That is just exploring. 2 months is way too young for anything other than breastmilk or formula. At 2 months they won't be able to digest cereal properly and can cause a life time of problems, it also has no benefit to it either. She needs all her nutrients from the formula or bm.

I would agree with everyone else x

I think shes abit to young, you can wait a while longer. I think the whole fist in mouth is just a learning thing all babies seem to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->