Took first 3 birth control pills, no AF that cycle??

coastaljay

Reaction score
Hi gals, first time poster here. I'm 27, married for 2 years (been together for 8 years), and we have begun TTC our first baby since the beginning of this year. I do keep track of my cycle with an iphone app, but I don't actively test for ovulation or take my temperature.. I would say we kind of fall in the middle between Actively TTC and Not trying/Not Preventing. Just sort of testing the waters and see if we get lucky before taking things to the next level!

Anyway, I have a question to start, that I'm hoping someone might know the answer to!

I went off birth control in January 2014 with the intention to begin TTC. Unfortunately, this caused my acne to flare up worse than ever before in my life! I started to get desperate, and after a visit to my doctor in April we decided that I would go back on BCP so that I could go on an oral medication to clear up the acne without risk of pregnancy, and then go back off BCP and begin TTC again when it was safe to do so.

So, I (rather unhappily) started a pack of BCP on April 13th, and after only 3 days decided "Screw it!" and quit. I don't remember exactly what the dates were, but I had a few days of very heavy 'spotting', maybe a week or so after I quit the pills? I was due for AF on May 9th, but that never happened, and there has been zero spotting/bleeding since those days after quitting the pill. I have taken a few tests and I am most definitely not pregnant.

Is it normal for just a few days of birth control pills to cause an MIA period? When do you think I should expect my next period? Before this debacle it was supposed to be June 10th. Do you think I ovulated that cycle?

Thanks in advance for your help, I appreciate it :)

(Also, for the record.. for anyone else having the same issue with their acne: I went for a REALLY good facial and back/chest facial to kickstart everything, and have been taking Evening Primrose Oil and Zinc, and a few times a week making a homemade activated charcoal mask, and it has been helping my skin a ton)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->