Took some steps randomly, then nothing. How long before walking?

MaybBaby

Reaction score
For ages Dom has showed no sign of wanting to walk until this weekend. On Friday he began by walking on his knees, i kinda gathered from this that he was beginning to realise he could get around faster via walking than crawling but didn't have the strength and confidence to do so. So yesterday me and OH witnessed him repeatedly take steps. he refuses to 'come walk to mommy/daddy' he will only do it when hes a little zoned out/just randomly comes away from the coffee table takes a few steps and collapses and we got ever so excited seeing him do so yesterday. He took in total over the day around 10 steps spread out.

Today, NADDA nothing whatsoever which i guessed would happen to be honest and i have heard that this can happen. But how long after this did you ladies notice your tiggytots started walking? Im so excited for Dom to embark on his next stage I cannot contain myself...although i will miss his baby-like crawling (Can't win haha!)

Thank you all! :flower:

Ciara took 5 steps one day suddenly just after turning 11 months. She then only did odd steps here and there for about 3 weeks. Then she just took off just before her 1st birthday and now never stops :)

my lil guy took his first steps recently and like yours the next day did no alone walking at all!
he took a break for a day or two and then started walking alone again. i think its such a huge thing for them, they need time to process it! and they then get brave to go again!
dont worry your lo will get back to walking in their own time soon.
its very exciting to watch isnt it!

my lil guy took his first steps recently and like yours the next day did no alone walking at all!
he took a break for a day or two and then started walking alone again. i think its such a huge thing for them, they need time to process it! and they then get brave to go again!
dont worry your lo will get back to walking in their own time soon.
its very exciting to watch isnt it!

I agree with you there that makes sense! It's so exciting to see, his speech is coming along and his two molars are coming through at the same time so it seems alot to be happening for someone so young, bless em, heres hoping we see more action soon!!

My DD did this taking a few steps here and there all evening and then didn´t try it again for 2 weeks! But then there was no stopping her. xx

I think from DD's first unaided steps to her walking confidently it was about a month. It was quite gradual at first and she still mainly crawled for a while then one day she took a few steps together and it was very quick from that point on to her walking all the time :thumbup:

Oakley took his first steps at 9 months and went a few days without taking anymore then started taking like one or two a day. He couldn't walk properly without getting wobbly and falling until 11 months old

Eddy took sporadic steps from being 10.5 months. At about 11.5 months he seemed to lose 'the fear' and was suddenly able to walk everywhere, happily just wandering around. He's now a full time walker and it looks odd for him to be crawling! lol

wow some lovely early walkers on here hehe - we had more steps today, my mom witnessed him take 6 steps in a row before falling down, he's gaining confidence again i think, it's so exciting - it seems around a month is average before walking fully begins, this is fun, thank you all ladies :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->