Took the rails off of the bed

_jellybean_

Reaction score
And my 6 yo is falling out and waking up and waking my husband up because we have a monitor. Any ideas?

I would just put the rail back on, is that an option? X

If putting rails back on isnt an option Id maybe put a duvet or pillows on the floor to break a fall. We never had rails when our lo transitioned to a bed. He fell out a few times but very soon learned to not roll around so much. The only time he does it now is if we go on holiday in a caravan....those beds are tiny!!!! Again I just have pillows and the spare duvet down again. As it breaks his fall hes barely awake when we put him back in bed.

Thanks so much! Can’t put the rails back on...long story but basically they don’t fit. I have some pillows on the floor so I’ll just keep them there and maybe he’ll get used to it. Thanks again.

Mattress on the floor for a while? I was always falling out of my bed as a kid. Emma's never been in a cot/crib and she's never fallen off the side, so I think we learn to rely on rails.

We used an old travel cot mattress on the floor when we moved DS into a bed as we didn't bother with a rail.

We did the pool noodle under the sheet too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->