Tooth extraction - PAIN :(

Bladesgirl

Reaction score
I had my tooth taken out yesterday due to it breaking and having an infection!! I was told by dentist to just take paracetamol but due to that not working today I call doctor and she said to take cocodomal! This again works but only lasts about an hour!! I also thought this was bad during pregnancy :(

So much pain and worried about what I have taken now!

Short term use of cocodomal in the second trimester won't harm the baby. I had a tooth that became infected and broke off enough that it had to be extracted with this pregnancy but I was never in enough pain to require anything stronger than paracetamol. If it was infected they should have given you antibiotics. If they didn't, I would call them and tell them that you're in a lot of pain.

I had a tooth extracted a couple of weeks ago and was never in a lot of pain. Tylenol worked perfectly fine.
I would definitely give them a call b/c it sounds like there may be something else going on that is causing the serious amount of pain you're in.
If you're worried about the medications, call your OB office too and ask if it's ok to take. They should know more about what's safe and what's not.

Big :hugs: am off for emergency dental appoitment in an hour for what I think is infected tooth/abscess! Hating not being able to take strong painkillers!

I survived the first week and this week it's a bit better but still sore! I think it's infected so got to go back Friday :(

I got my tooth pulled one time and was in so much pain! It ended up being that a shard of my jaw bone was poking through (ew)
So i totally feel you with that pain, it sucks! I hope you're feeling better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->